• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye Bye jonnydouble

174 posts in this topic

As a sort of eulogy for dear Jonny, I would like to read the following lyrics from a song. You may remember this from a little movie called "Short Circuit" and a little artist named El Debarge... I'll try to read this without breaking down.

Okay... here we go...

"Who's Johnny?" she said

And smiled in her special way

"Johnny" she said

"You know I love you"

"Who's Johnny?" she said

And tried to look the other way

Her eyes gave her away

She makes sure I see her teasing

Hear her say "Who is Johnny?"

There's no way to take this easy

Hear her say "Who is Johnny?"

I really couldn't help but fall in love with her

Her being there has made my life worth living

I knew it from the start

That I would lose my heart"

>choke< I can't read any more! JONNY! WE MISS YOU!

RIP Jonny Double. You were taken from us too soon, and some would say in the nick of time.

angel.gifangel.gifangel.gif

This is sad. My fellow Wonder Woman collector -- gone. And apparently, quite deliberately and crudely. Has Diana taught him nothing????

I'll miss him, but from what I've heard, it was a very appropriate banning.

-- Joanna

This is sad. My fellow Wonder Woman collector -- gone. And apparently, quite deliberately and crudely. Has Diana taught him nothing????

-- Joanna

sign-offtopic.gifJoanna, have you owned at one time or another every Wonder Woman issue?

sign-offtopic.gifJoanna, have you owned at one time or another every Wonder Woman issue?

No. I was working on that when I stopped collecting (money problems began). I had everything from 100 up, and about 40 issues below that (a mixture of GA WW and Sensation). My ultimate goal was to get every appearance, so I also had lots of crossovers, JLAs, guest appearances, etc. I was also collecting as many SA Superman-related titles as I could find, and wanted a full run of Lois Lane. At this point, I've sold all of my GA comics, nearly all of my SA comics and just have bronze and modern left. GA and SA were my favorite, but they were also where most of the money was, so in order to cash in on the collection, they had to go.

I still have full runs of post-crisis Flash, the Superman titles, WW, and a few others, but I don't think I could get much for them.

-- Joanna

-- Joanna

Maybe jonny will blossom and come back a la Wonder Girl in this issue! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

308944-TT23.jpg

308944-TT23.jpg.7172369beae247a33c3dfe2c81584cc2.jpg

-- Joanna

Maybe jonny will blossom and come back a la Wonder Girl in this issue! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

308944-TT23.jpg

You want Jonny to come back as a full-grown woman? You're a freak, man. 893naughty-thumb.gif Are there no taboos too taboo for you??? (Try saying that one out loud!)

Yeah. That's a bummer. Wish he hadn't gotten so upset. Heck, the penalty box is allright. Anybody know if you still get to read the "banned posts" in there?

Take it easy JD! Hope to see you at Tysons someday! thumbsup2.gif

Chris

Yeah. That's a bummer. Wish he hadn't gotten so upset. Heck, the penalty box is allright. Anybody know if you still get to read the "banned posts" in there?

Take it easy JD! Hope to see you at Tysons someday! thumbsup2.gif

Chris

Word on the street (i.e. greggy told me) is that you can no longer read banned threads in the box. Arch probably felt it was being seen as more of a reward than a punishment.

-- Joanna

from the little I've heard, jonny was way over the line. Unfortunately, i think banning jonny was inappropriate given what else is allowed to go on and posted around here. It's not really a fair application of the rules, but since it's the mods' rules, who are we to argue?