• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bye Bye jonnydouble

174 posts in this topic

I don't think anyone would argue that JD's comment was allowable, but I'm sorry, that's a completely unfair and reactionary banning of JD. Dena's inconsistent by allowing all the nonsense and garbage (in the water cooler) she allows without outright banning people and then bans JD because of the word he chose to use. I'm not defending his action, but I think the application of the rules is just plain unfair. Apply two strikes, suspend him for 30 days fine... banning him? It's inconsistent. But I guess since this isn't "real life" she can do what she wants.

I don't think anyone would argue that JD's comment was allowable, but I'm sorry, that's a completely unfair and reactionary banning of JD. Dena's inconsistent by allowing all the nonsense and garbage (in the water cooler) she allows without outright banning people and then bans JD because of the word he chose to use. I'm not defending his action, but I think the application of the rules is just plain unfair. Apply two strikes, suspend him for 30 days fine... banning him? It's inconsistent. But I guess since this isn't "real life" she can do what she wants.

Exactly. JD's biggest mistake was directing his comment to a moderator. Evidently, forum suicide right there.

• Administrator

I can't see any reason to revise this decision. If you shoot at the police you are asking for trouble, because you're engaging in an entirely new level of disrespect for the system that strives to maintain civility. If you also do that for little to no reason, at an extremely high level of offensiveness, and with no constructive content, then you are pretty much deciding your own fate. This is common sense, clear cut, and does not merit debate.

Regards.

Arch.

Can someone PM me with the exact quote? I could have sworn it was stated in a hypothetical sense.
D'oh...I deleted it but I sent it to Rob_React. Perhaps he kept it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Yeah,...Kudos to you Dena,...You dumb FORUM-SUICIDE-KEYWORD,...oh wait...was that offensive?,...I lost the list you keep.

J.D. "

...JD's demise was forum suicide. He clearly meant for this to happen. Or, carrying forward Arch's metaphor, it was a version of suicide-by-cop.

Read JD's next to last post

and you'll see he was looking for a way to stomp off mad.

Maybe something to all those bong-hit jokes after all? confused-smiley-013.gif

Can someone PM me with the exact quote? I could have sworn it was stated in a hypothetical sense.
D'oh...I deleted it but I sent it to Rob_React. Perhaps he kept it! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Yeah,...Kudos to you Dena,...You dumb FORUM-SUICIDE-KEYWORD,...oh wait...was that offensive?,...I lost the list you keep.

J.D. "

i see you haven't deleted my PM, 893whatthe.gif BTW you left out the graemlin smiley face. gossip.gif

Arch:

I won't get into a protracted debate on the matter... but I disagree with your analogy of saying this is like shooting at the police. Are you analogizing yourselves to the "authority figures" on this board? I suppose you are, but in reality, a verbal comment isn't exactly the same thing. An entirely new level of disrespect? I don't think so... civility should have the same rules for everyone else as they do for comments directed at the mods.

As a prosecutor, a shooting of a police officer is to me of course (in particular) an extremely serious event. It doesn't mean that it isn't just as serious when they shoot someone else. Unfortunately, since I've been reading the boards and been on the water cooler, the kind of attacking content that goes on between board members (especially in the water cooler) is no better than the disrespectful comment made towards the mod.

Unequivocally, what JD did and said was wrong.

It's not the rule I object to, it's an uneven application of the rules. Common sense? clear cut? Yes, it is. It's also apparent how the rules were administered in this case and that there is, as evidenced, a different set of rules for what you say to the mods. That's fine, but now we're all aware of it.

The main point that maybe Arch is trying to make is that JD knew he would be wrong in saying that. Yet he made a choice to act knowing full well the consequences. He had already been punished for a prior unrelated incident, so it wasn't like this was out of the blue.

We can all agree that he stepped over the line.

...JD's demise was forum suicide. He clearly meant for this to happen. Or, carrying forward Arch's metaphor, it was a version of suicide-by-cop.

Read JD's next to last post

and you'll see he was looking for a way to stomp off mad.

Maybe something to all those bong-hit jokes after all? confused-smiley-013.gif

Says the man whose very online persona is in the great tradition of the Zonk-ed One?? wink.gif

i don't think he deserved to get banned, a 30 day suspension maybe. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but i do agree that what he posted was wrong and i made a comment regarding it right after he posted it. gossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Nah, he deserved to get toasted. I have a short (oh, it's so damned short) list of words that will NEVER cross my lips and that one is on it.

This place is not bound by a strict set of laws nor does it HAVE to be. You do the crime, you'd better be ready to do the time. It's a tough bird to chew, but a poster on this board is utterly at the mercy of the mods. This is why I tithe no less than 30% of my gross earnings and why I sacrifice goats at the Altar Of Exalted Majesticators (nothing "Moderate" about them!) on the third Thursday of every month.

Did I say "tough bird to chew"? makepoint.gif

This is why I tithe no less than 30% of my gross earnings and why I sacrifice goats at the Altar Of Exalted Majesticators (nothing "Moderate" about them!) on the third Thursday of every month.

You mean you send them the WHOLE 30 cents? Woah!

I miss arguing with you, MK... stooges.gifsorry.gif

I still say we're all putting a helluva lot more thought into this than JD did. He apparently just wanted to go out in a blaze. He got his wish. flamed.gif

You have inspired me to post lyrics from yet another classic movie and yet another classic band.

The movie? Young Guns II.

The song? "Blaze of Glory"

The band? BON JOVI, BABY!

"Well they tell me that I'm wanted

Yeah , I'm a wanted man

I'm a colt in your stable

I'm what Cain was to Abel

Mister catch me if you can

I'm going out in a blaze of glory

Take me now but know the truth

I'm going out in a blaze of glory

Lord I never drew first

But I drew first blood

I'm no one's son

Call me young gun

You ask about my conscience

And I offer you my soul

You ask if I'll grow to be a wise man

Well I ask if I'll grow old..."

No, Jonny. You won't grow old. You will remain forever young in our hearts... frozen in time forever. A photograph of promises you've yet to keep.

JONNNNNNYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Oh man, there's like fifteen more songs right there that need to be posted. I'm too emotionally wiped-out. Someone else take over for me.