• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone collect "Power Records" from the '70's?

13 posts in this topic

Are you talkin' about the bigger 33 size ones or the smaller "Book and Record" sets with the 45s? I have some of both but I haven't really made any effort to collect my whole run. confused-smiley-013.gif

Loved them. *Adored* them. Listened to every one I still own over and over again when I was little. I've never actively collected the ones I was missing, but I certainly have kept the ones I did have, both the 45 book and record sets and the 33 LPs. In fact, the 33-size book and record of the Neal Adams generic monster story was my first encounter with Adams art, and I never did know what the hell that story was from until I recently saw that he's about to reprint the whole thing in some kind of special edition.

One of the best parts of childhood: "Power Records presents..."

Arnold

Loved them. *Adored* them. Listened to every one I still own over and over again when I was little. I've never actively collected the ones I was missing, but I certainly have kept the ones I did have, both the 45 book and record sets and the 33 LPs. In fact, the 33-size book and record of the Neal Adams generic monster story was my first encounter with Adams art, and I never did know what the hell that story was from until I recently saw that he's about to reprint the whole thing in some kind of special edition.

One of the best parts of childhood: "Power Records presents..."

Arnold

Agreed, Arnold - I listened to each of the ones I had (and still have them), and really enjoyed them. Here's a list of the ones I've got, with grades (not CGCed):

Power Record Comics 11 VF

Power Record Comics 12 VF-

Power Record Comics 13 FN

Power Record Comics 16 VF+

Power Record Comics 17 NM 9.2

Power Record Comics 18 NM 9.0

Power Record Comics 30 NM 9.2

Did anyone else out there ever own and/or listen to the record Spider-man:Rock Reflections of a Super-Hero? I bought this back in the 70s when it was first released and I probably listened to it every day for about a year straight. It has some pretty cool songs on it, although i'm sure they're pretty corny by todays standards. It has narration by Stan Lee in between the songs and tells the origin of Spider-man and some of his early history through song. The songs are a mixture of musical styles. You get ballads, rock songs, pop tunes, jazzy numbers, and even a 50s doo wop song. It was recently released on CD, so of course I had to buy it. Now I can listen to the songs without the skips and the crackle and pop of the needle. smile.gif

Did anyone else out there ever own and/or listen to the record Spider-man:Rock Reflections of a Super-Hero? I bought this back in the 70s when it was first released and I probably listened to it every day for about a year straight. It has some pretty cool songs on it, although i'm sure they're pretty corny by todays standards. It has narration by Stan Lee in between the songs and tells the origin of Spider-man and some of his early history through song. The songs are a mixture of musical styles. You get ballads, rock songs, pop tunes, jazzy numbers, and even a 50s doo wop song. It was recently released on CD, so of course I had to buy it. Now I can listen to the songs without the skips and the crackle and pop of the needle. smile.gif
I own it but I haven't the means to listen to it! confused-smiley-013.gif