• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreets new grading system

12 posts in this topic

I don't understand his nomenclature grading scale of good, fine, gr8. He should use #s to simplify things: 2.0, 6.0 & 10.0. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But your missing the BEST PART!

In the description, the order in worst to best is:

FINE, GOOD, GREAT! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif27_laughing.gif

So, after great would be so-so, right? foreheadslap.gif

Anyway, at least the seller wants to be honest as they can, given their limited grading skills. I would probably rather do the same thing as well with a raw book, being more general instead of saying something was a probable 9.0, and the buyer later arguing that it was an 8.5, and they were misled.

What would you prefer to see in an auction?

1 A seller who obviously overgrades his or her books based on the scan, or

2. A seller who doesn't grade the book at all, but provides a scan and invites questions.

I did the latter as a seller on two items on eBay, got no questions, and sold both items for more than I expected.

What about NICE?

NICE is a NICE word.

NICE people use the word NICE to describe NICE books.

Unless I happen to buy the book.

Then NICE means "fooked ya."

Screw these broad generalizations. If someone can't describe flaws on a book, don't sell 'em.

Numbers NUMBERS NUMBERS!!

end of sign-rantpost.gif

Rick

What about NICE?

NICE is a NICE word.

Screw these broad generalizations. If someone can't describe flaws on a book, don't sell 'em.

end of sign-rantpost.gif

Rick

Wassup Rick? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What about NICE?

NICE is a NICE word.

end of sign-rantpost.gif

Rick

That was a NICE message Rick, 893applaud-thumb.gifyou must be a NICE person to take your time to give us such NICE information. thumbsup2.gif You have a NICE day! hi.gif

Anyone who wants to do a search on the word "nice" and can cross-reference to my forum name will see how much of a pet peeve this is.

If you EVER see the word NICE in any of my listings, you'll know I have gone over to the dark side.

Greggy, m' man, thought I'd stop in & take a quick peek before going back to ebay & filing yet another complaint against "green_lantern-jla" aka emerald_gladiator. This festering little worm is trying to burrow in. Profane emails, empty threats, definite signs of insecurity, masculine issues, down-right impotent. Reminds me a little of Hammer.

Trying to get ebay to pull their thumbs outta their rears and do something. But so far, squat.

Catch ya on the down lo'.

Rick