• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Please add The Legacy of Superman one-shot to the Superman (Doomsday Funeral Death Return) set. It's a part of this storyline (and is collected in World Without a Superman). Thanks!

Additionally, Adventures of Superman 506 should be removed from this set: the #505 issue is the epilogue and the last in this series to be part of the collected storyline.

Please remove #506 from this set.

Please add the following to Amazing Spider-Man (Complete with Variants):

Amazing Spider-man 6 Walmart Exclusive

Amazing Spider-man 252 DVD Edition (7/06)

Amazing Spider-man 669 "Captain Four-Color" Edition

Amazing Spider-man 669 "Charles Fitzsimmons" Edition

Thanks!

K.

Happy New Year everyone -

I was wondering if Nicole or any Groo fans would have an objection of adding Starslayer #4 (8/82) to the Groo Pacific set?

It is technically Groo's 2nd appearance. It is a cameo via full page ad on the back cover of #4.

(Kinda cool imho)

54DC829D-D777-4FB7-88E0-AEC2CAD4188F_zpszjk2cuao.jpg

CFD08DF1-306B-4EB2-9296-3D8C3330D24B_zpsjvs59lki.jpg

Slot wise, it would obviously go between Destroyer Duck (2/82)

and Starslayer #5 (11/82) Let me know if any problems, questions or concerns.

Regards,

Eric T

Hi!

In the Star Trek (1967) set, there are still three versions of #1 listed.

All the latest research agrees that in fact only one version exists.

From Startrekcomics.info:

Until recently, most comic book price guides indicated that variant issues of Gold Key Star Trek #1-3 were published. These issues have pin-up photos on the back cover instead of ads, and additional photos or features on the inside covers. The variant issues are identified in some price guides as #1A, #2A, and #3A. With the 2010 publication of the 40th edition of Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, some confusion has been clarified by comics historian Jon McClure. Star Trek #1 with a pin-up photo on the back cover is the only version that exists and is not a variant.

Star Trek #2 was published with ads on the back cover and also a pin-up photo back cover. Both versions of Star Trek #2 exist with 15¢ covers. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and back cover ad exists. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and pin-up photo back cover may not exist. The regular edition of Star Trek #3 has ads on the back cover and is also available with a pin-up photo back cover. Based on CGC census figures available online, Star Trek #2 with a photo back cover is scarce and Star Trek #3 with a photo back cover is very scarce, accounting for 16% and 11% of the CGC-graded population respectively.

Gemma & Nicole,

For the set Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (IDW)

can we add in the micro-series to the set?

There are 8 heroes:

Raphael

Michelangelo

Donatello

Leonardo

Splinter

Casey Jones

April O'Neil

Fugitoid

And 8 Villains:

Krang

Baxter Stockman

Alopex

Old Hob

Karai

Shredder

Bebop & Rocksteady

Hun

Each issue as at least 2 different covers and many have 3 or more. Let me know if you'd like me to compile a variant cover guide for each issue. Thanks!

-Adam

Gemma & Nicole,

Could you please expand the "Fantastic Four with all variants set" to include the "New Launch Issues 2-13 with all variants.

Sincerely,

Warren

Sorry I don't understand... can you be more specific in what you are asking for so I do it right the first time... Add Fantastic Four V2, the 13 issues to the Fantastic Four Complete with Variants Set?

In the Lone Wolf and Cub set (First Publishers),

Could you please add

#1, second print

#2, second print

Thank you for adding these two books to the registry.

Could you please add

#1, third print

#1, fourth print

Ladies, thank you for adding to the set, but two mistakes were made.

#1, third print wasn't added

#1, fourth print is missing the information that it is #1.

I just wanted to thank whomever interpreted my message in ask CGC to expand the Tick Set to include the FCBD #nn 06/11 issue. I just found this thread right now and realized this is where I should have posted.

Thank you! :)

IMG_20140103_120629.jpg

Hi!

In the Star Trek (1967) set, there are still three versions of #1 listed.

All the latest research agrees that in fact only one version exists.

From Startrekcomics.info:

Until recently, most comic book price guides indicated that variant issues of Gold Key Star Trek #1-3 were published. These issues have pin-up photos on the back cover instead of ads, and additional photos or features on the inside covers. The variant issues are identified in some price guides as #1A, #2A, and #3A. With the 2010 publication of the 40th edition of Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, some confusion has been clarified by comics historian Jon McClure. Star Trek #1 with a pin-up photo on the back cover is the only version that exists and is not a variant.

Star Trek #2 was published with ads on the back cover and also a pin-up photo back cover. Both versions of Star Trek #2 exist with 15¢ covers. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and back cover ad exists. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and pin-up photo back cover may not exist. The regular edition of Star Trek #3 has ads on the back cover and is also available with a pin-up photo back cover. Based on CGC census figures available online, Star Trek #2 with a photo back cover is scarce and Star Trek #3 with a photo back cover is very scarce, accounting for 16% and 11% of the CGC-graded population respectively.

The most valid option for us to do is to use the same score for all the labels and maybe even combine them into the same slot to show that there are books with those labels but that they are considered the same value/issue as the regular issue.

There are over 300 books that would then have a label that would need to be updated and changed if we removed this from the system and labeled as suggested above.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Nicole

In the Lone Wolf and Cub set (First Publishers),

Could you please add

#1, second print

#2, second print

Thank you for adding these two books to the registry.

Could you please add

#1, third print

#1, fourth print

Ladies, thank you for adding to the set, but two mistakes were made.

#1, third print wasn't added

#1, fourth print is missing the information that it is #1.

I have added the 1 in the listing for the fourth printing.

I do not see in our census that we have graded a third printing. Maybe I am missing something as I am definitely trying to get caught up on all the requests : ) . Let me know on the 3rd printing and I would be happy to add it if we have graded it.

Thanks!

Hey Nicole,

Can I please request an update on the Fantastic Four complete with variants set, and FF (Future Foundation) set to include up to Marvel Now issues?

Thank you

Hello, can the following of My Little Pony be update. The convention for issue 9 is the another cover. Also it seems that the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 5 Sketch Edition is missing the "5" if that can be fix. Thank you.

My Little Pony Micro-Series 2 Retailer Incentive Edition

My Little Pony Micro-Series 5 Convention Edition

My Little Pony Micro-Series 8 Jetpack Comics Edition

My Little Pony Micro-Series 8 Larry's Comics Edition

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 8 Emerald Knights Edition

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 9 San Diego Convention Edition

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 9 Sketch Edition

Happy New Year Everyone!

Just a quick request to help me out and well, honestly it will help you out too!

If you give me FULL Titles, issues numbers, ect. it will help the process go by A LOT faster. Sometimes in the requests I get I have partial information and that causes me to have to do a little research (which I don't mind, but it takes away time that I could be scoring and adding sets). But, let's be honest, there are tons of titles and ways to title the books.

It is specifically harder if we haven't graded a book and it's requested in the set expansion... as then I am spending time looking in our system for something that doesn't yet exist. I can still add it, but maybe say it hasn't been graded.

So, yes, I don't know comics all that well, there are thousands of them, so the more detailed information you give me... the better!!!

I appreciate your patience and help and I truly hope to get on a good track.

Thanks!

Nicole