• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Gemma & Nicole,

Can you add to the Green Lantern 2011 registry set the following issue?

Green Lantern #7 Sketch Variant

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan

Just a lil bump in case it got missed - in case you guys are super busy, please forgive my gentle reminder - I appreciate all you do for us! :)

Just busy... going through these now... sorry. Took me a while to get all this done with the issues earlier this week.

Hi,

I have a set expansion/correction request for the Runaways Volume 2 (2005) Set:

Currently, there is only one slot for Runaways #28 and it appears to be for the Variant rather than the standard cover.

Can we have 2 slots created for Runaways #28? One for the standard cover and another for the variant?

Thanks

The standard cover is not on the census and hasn't been graded, so I can not add it.

Thanks,

Nicole

4. Superior Spider-Man 1 Argentinian Edition - Typically, non-English editions shouldn't be in the a completely English edition set. I know for ASM there's a separate non-English set. I think this should be removed.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I have one of these currently IN my registry set and although I didn't ask for the set to be created (someone else did, apparently) there shouldn't be enough demand to create another SS set to include Non-English editions. Some sets have them, some don't. When the SSM registry set was created - whoever created it - felt the need to include it…and your request isn't fair to those of us that already have them in their SSM registry sets.

I vote to keep the SSM #1 Argentinian Edition in the SS registry set. 2c

Gemma & Nicole - please take this into consideration before removing this from the Superior Spiderman set…thank you! :)

I agree that there probably won't be much demand for a non-English set. However, my point was that non-English (or more specifically, non-US) books are not typically included in the "main" set. For example, while there are a number of ASM books that are UK-specific and have been graded, you won't see them in the main ASM set in the Registry.

Again, this is just my opinion but looking through some of the other sets, for the most part, non-English/US books are seldom if ever included in the main set. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's Registry set by having books removed. I just prefer a level of consistency in the Registry :)

K.

^^

Foreign language reprints should not be in the main sets.

Agreed. Foreign language reprints should not be in the main sets. A better solution I think is to have foreign-language reprints as a separate set.

Not sure we have come to a solution on this one.... but what I can offer unless others want to chime in...

I can offer to make a set (in the future...on the big list) that is by issue only and all the variants are in the issue slot, but to me (and Gemma) a Foreign edition has just as much place in a complete set (which is basically what this is) as a 2nd or 3rd printing.

Keep the discussion going???

4. Superior Spider-Man 1 Argentinian Edition - Typically, non-English editions shouldn't be in the a completely English edition set. I know for ASM there's a separate non-English set. I think this should be removed.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I have one of these currently IN my registry set and although I didn't ask for the set to be created (someone else did, apparently) there shouldn't be enough demand to create another SS set to include Non-English editions. Some sets have them, some don't. When the SSM registry set was created - whoever created it - felt the need to include it…and your request isn't fair to those of us that already have them in their SSM registry sets.

Gemma & Nicole - please take this into consideration before removing this from the Superior Spiderman set…thank you! :)

I agree that there probably won't be much demand for a non-English set. However, my point was that non-English (or more specifically, non-US) books are not typically included in the "main" set. For example, while there are a number of ASM books that are UK-specific and have been graded, you won't see them in the main ASM set in the Registry.

Again, this is just my opinion but looking through some of the other sets, for the most part, non-English/US books are seldom if ever included in the main set. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's Registry set by having books removed. I just prefer a level of consistency in the Registry :)

K.

^^

Agreed. Foreign language reprints should not be in the main sets. A better solution I think is to have foreign-language reprints as a separate set.

Not sure we have come to a solution on this one.... but what I can offer unless others want to chime in...

I can offer to make a set (in the future...on the big list) that is by issue only and all the variants are in the issue slot, but to me (and Gemma) a Foreign edition has just as much place in a complete set (which is basically what this is) as a 2nd or 3rd printing.

I have to disagree :). While I do believe that all variants and prints should be in a "complete" set, my observation over the years has been that complete sets only include such books that are US/English-only prints.

A great example is the "ASM Complete Set". In there, you'll notice that all Foreign/non-US editions have been moved to a number of completely separate sets including ASM Canadian Edition books (which is probably as close to a US print as you can possible get).

TBH, I'm not sure where you can put this one book but IMO, it shouldn't be in a complete set.

K.

Gemma/Nicole,

Can you please add the 2nd and 3rd printings of Incredible Hulk #377 and the 2nd printing of Incredible Hulk 393 to the Incredible Hulk (Dale Keown) set??? Thanks!!!

Amnesiac,

if they create a 377 set then you would also want to include these....

or would it be a foreign set alone from the direct, barcode, 2nd and 3rd printing??

Aegina Island, Brazil, and Spain

20131229_105645_zpsb7eae9c5.jpg

Amnesiac,

or would it be a foreign set alone from the direct, barcode, 2nd and 3rd printing??

Wow those are cool!!! Never knew they existed. Didnt want a 377 stand alone set though. Just the various second and third prints added to the Keown set.

Amnesiac,

Wow those are cool!!! Never knew they existed. Didnt want a 377 stand alone set though. Just the various second and third prints added to the Keown set.

Thanks Amnesiac,

Should i request a separate set for the foreign editions or a 377 set with 4 us editions and these?

K.

^^

I have to disagree :). While I do believe that all variants and prints should be in a "complete" set, my observation over the years has been that complete sets only include such books that are US/English-only prints.

A great example is the "ASM Complete Set". In there, you'll notice that all Foreign/non-US editions have been moved to a number of completely separate sets including ASM Canadian Edition books (which is probably as close to a US print as you can possible get).

TBH, I'm not sure where you can put this one book but IMO, it shouldn't be in a complete set.

K.

Yeah but you are drawing a conclusion from a set that already has over a thousand issues in it. Personally if someone made the request to put that in it then so be it and I don't think your gonna have a huge uproar as they would probably get lost in the mix.

But the biggest issue with the ASM Foreign Set is there are over 50 issues which can build into its own set. With the Superior Spider-man Set and other Modern Sets that have Argentinian or any other Foreign variants you have maybe a single to maybe 2 issues total which have a Foreign variant. Meaning these now become excluded now because of a single requester.

If your looking for the 100% completionist for a set go through the steps those of us took to gain these as well and buy one that way instead of trying to exclude someone because you can't find one.

K.

^^

K.

Yeah but you are drawing a conclusion from a set that already has over a thousand issues in it. Personally if someone made the request to put that in it then so be it and I don't think your gonna have a huge uproar as they would probably get lost in the mix.

But the biggest issue with the ASM Foreign Set is there are over 50 issues which can build into its own set. With the Superior Spider-man Set and other Modern Sets that have Argentinian or any other Foreign variants you have maybe a single to maybe 2 issues total which have a Foreign variant. Meaning these now become excluded now because of a single requester.

If your looking for the 100% completionist for a set go through the steps those of us took to gain these as well and buy one that way instead of trying to exclude someone because you can't find one.

Why should he have to try to track down foreign reprints in order to complete a Registry set for a US title?

Whether you like it or not, the people who care about foreign reprints are very much in the minority - it makes no sense that their wishes get to take priority over those of the majority; namely keeping the foreign books out of the main sets.

Gemme/Nicole,

Is it possible to get..

"Millar & McNiven's Nemesis 2 Second Printing" added to "Millar & McNiven's Nemesis"

This will be the final book and finish out this set. I don't know if you denote sets, but you can mark done beside it for this one.

Thank you!

K.

^^

K.

Why should he have to try to track down foreign reprints in order to complete a Registry set for a US title?

Whether you like it or not, the people who care about foreign reprints are very much in the minority - it makes no sense that their wishes get to take priority over those of the majority; namely keeping the foreign books out of the main sets.

Because it is just like the huge track of reprints already listed with the 2nd to the what ever number print. Its no different and if your saying to exclude a variant because it is a reprint then other lists should exclude its additional printings. Honestly I hate having to go after them to complete a set. They add nothing to the overall look of a Set other than slight color changes in a border or something.

But the point is it was a viable slot and he(I) go after it to complete a set. If you can't find it that's your problem as they are out there and quite honestly not to hard to find. They are no different than going after the Evil Ernie limited to 10 sole issues or any of the Grimm Fairy Tales limited to 25 issues. I'm pretty sure those are owned by a minority as well seeing as there is only 10 to 25 of these total. At least with this one there is 250. Additionally let's be honest you aren't going after these for the interior... your chasing a cover or as some do simply a number on a slab.

You don't like it ask for a new set because your majority can't handle looking for something harder to find. You want to be a completionist then go look for one...

I have to agree that the foreign language reprint should be kept out of the complete set. It seems like there's an assumption being made that the issue is being talked down as unimportant, but that's not the case - it's just not part of the set.

When foreign countries print their "reprints" or "variants", they're part of their own series they have licensed from Marvel - it's not even Marvel printing them outside of Canada and the States. Same brand, different publisher. I think it's only Canada and Australia that get the US-printed books.

The Argentinean issue deserves its own set along its Argentinean comrades. If there aren't enough issues graded yet to warrant a set, then there's not enough for a set and those interested should get them graded.

Amnesiac,

Thanks Amnesiac,

Should i request a separate set for the foreign editions or a 377 set with 4 us editions and these?

In this case, there should be a Hulk #377 (All Variants/Foreign Editions) set to include every edition.

Another plausible option would be to include the issues in a set with their original series, assuming there's enough of the run graded!

I have to agree that the foreign language reprint should be kept out of the complete set. It seems like there's an assumption being made that the issue is being talked down as unimportant, but that's not the case - it's just not part of the set.

When foreign countries print their "reprints" or "variants", they're part of their own series they have licensed from Marvel - it's not even Marvel printing them outside of Canada and the States. Same brand, different publisher. I think it's only Canada and Australia that get the US-printed books.

The Argentinean issue deserves its own set along its Argentinean comrades. If there aren't enough issues graded yet to warrant a set, then there's not enough for a set and those interested should get them graded.

I completely understand your point and can agree up to a point. For me the issue isn't even about this series but about another. Personally I would never have wanted to have had a foreign variant in the set but with the Avengers vs X-Men Set I saw a slot was made for the Argentinian variant and it was because I want to eventually get a complete 100% completion on that set that I put in the time to search one out. I wouldn't have gone for it had a slot not been created. But for me if a set says go get it then to be a completionist why not?

Same can be said for Sensei and his book in the Superior Spider-man Set. He may not have been solely looking for that variant of a comic but had it not been even on the registry he may not have gone for it at all.

I completely understand your point and can agree up to a point. For me the issue isn't even about this series but about another. Personally I would never have wanted to have had a foreign variant in the set but with the Avengers vs X-Men Set I saw a slot was made for the Argentinian variant and it was because I want to eventually get a complete 100% completion on that set that I put in the time to search one out. I wouldn't have gone for it had a slot not been created. But for me if a set says go get it then to be a completionist why not?

Same can be said for Sensei and his book in the Superior Spider-man Set. He may not have been solely looking for that variant of a comic but had it not been even on the registry he may not have gone for it at all.

+1

This slot was created without request by whoever created the set in the registry so they obviously felt it needed inclusion. I registered mine in because I had one. It's not fair to ask to take it out when it was already in there. Those of us that have it already in there should not have it taken out to accommodate someone unwilling to make an effort to track it down. Instead the can make a request for a new set and wait it out like the rest of us (not those of us who were working on the set as is).