• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Please add The Legacy of Superman one-shot to the Superman (Doomsday Funeral Death Return) set. It's a part of this storyline (and is collected in World Without a Superman). Thanks!

Additionally, Adventures of Superman 506 should be removed from this set: the #505 issue is the epilogue and the last in this series to be part of the collected storyline.

Please remove #506 from this set.

Thanks for making the #506 adjustment; why are we not adding Superman: The Legacy of Superman #1 to the set?

Hi!

In the Star Trek (1967) set, there are still three versions of #1 listed.

All the latest research agrees that in fact only one version exists.

From Startrekcomics.info:

Until recently, most comic book price guides indicated that variant issues of Gold Key Star Trek #1-3 were published. These issues have pin-up photos on the back cover instead of ads, and additional photos or features on the inside covers. The variant issues are identified in some price guides as #1A, #2A, and #3A. With the 2010 publication of the 40th edition of Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, some confusion has been clarified by comics historian Jon McClure. Star Trek #1 with a pin-up photo on the back cover is the only version that exists and is not a variant.

Star Trek #2 was published with ads on the back cover and also a pin-up photo back cover. Both versions of Star Trek #2 exist with 15¢ covers. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and back cover ad exists. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and pin-up photo back cover may not exist. The regular edition of Star Trek #3 has ads on the back cover and is also available with a pin-up photo back cover. Based on CGC census figures available online, Star Trek #2 with a photo back cover is scarce and Star Trek #3 with a photo back cover is very scarce, accounting for 16% and 11% of the CGC-graded population respectively.

The most valid option for us to do is to use the same score for all the labels and maybe even combine them into the same slot to show that there are books with those labels but that they are considered the same value/issue as the regular issue.

There are over 300 books that would then have a label that would need to be updated and changed if we removed this from the system and labeled as suggested above.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

That's a really good point. I didn't realize how many were catagorized in the other two slots. It does seem like the scores should all be made the same but it sounds like a huge headache to deal with label updates.

I only looked into it since I realized I'd never seen any other version other than the photo covers, and I've searched as well as I know how. Here's a link to the page with much more info:

http://www.startrekcomics.info/aboutgoldkey.html

Please add The Legacy of Superman one-shot to the Superman (Doomsday Funeral Death Return) set. It's a part of this storyline (and is collected in World Without a Superman). Thanks!

Additionally, Adventures of Superman 506 should be removed from this set: the #505 issue is the epilogue and the last in this series to be part of the collected storyline.

Please remove #506 from this set.

Thanks for making the #506 adjustment; why are we not adding Superman: The Legacy of Superman #1 to the set?

Now that I have the issue number and complete information I can add it.

Thanks!

Hi!

In the Star Trek (1967) set, there are still three versions of #1 listed.

All the latest research agrees that in fact only one version exists.

From Startrekcomics.info:

Until recently, most comic book price guides indicated that variant issues of Gold Key Star Trek #1-3 were published. These issues have pin-up photos on the back cover instead of ads, and additional photos or features on the inside covers. The variant issues are identified in some price guides as #1A, #2A, and #3A. With the 2010 publication of the 40th edition of Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, some confusion has been clarified by comics historian Jon McClure. Star Trek #1 with a pin-up photo on the back cover is the only version that exists and is not a variant.

Star Trek #2 was published with ads on the back cover and also a pin-up photo back cover. Both versions of Star Trek #2 exist with 15¢ covers. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and back cover ad exists. Star Trek #2 with a 12¢ cover and pin-up photo back cover may not exist. The regular edition of Star Trek #3 has ads on the back cover and is also available with a pin-up photo back cover. Based on CGC census figures available online, Star Trek #2 with a photo back cover is scarce and Star Trek #3 with a photo back cover is very scarce, accounting for 16% and 11% of the CGC-graded population respectively.

The most valid option for us to do is to use the same score for all the labels and maybe even combine them into the same slot to show that there are books with those labels but that they are considered the same value/issue as the regular issue.

There are over 300 books that would then have a label that would need to be updated and changed if we removed this from the system and labeled as suggested above.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

That's a really good point. I didn't realize how many were catagorized in the other two slots. It does seem like the scores should all be made the same but it sounds like a huge headache to deal with label updates.

I only looked into it since I realized I'd never seen any other version other than the photo covers, and I've searched as well as I know how. Here's a link to the page with much more info:

http://www.startrekcomics.info/aboutgoldkey.html

I will work on combining all of these into one slot.

Hello,

Requesting an addition to the My Little Pony (IDW) set:

My Little Pony Cover Gallery # 1 (IDW 08/13)

This comic is a feature of the many cover variations of the first 8 issues listed in the set. Thanks for your consideration!

Merry Christmas To All!

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for updating and expanding this ~ My Little Pony (IDW) ~ set. It's very appreciated.

Kindly asking for a few more additions please of :

My Little Pony Micro-Series #9 ~ Retailer Incentive Edition

My Little Pony # 3 ~ Dynamic Forces Edition

My Little Pony # 7 ~ Retailer Incentive Edition

Thanks again for your time and attention!

sig.jpg

Could you please add Avengers Annual 10(first Rogue and Madelyn Pryor) to Marvel Copper Age 1st Appearances. There are books such as Avengers 196 in the set with earlier publishing dates.

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this.

Happy New Year everyone -

I was wondering if Nicole or any Groo fans would have an objection of adding Starslayer #4 (8/82) to the Groo Pacific set?

It is technically Groo's 2nd appearance. It is a cameo via full page ad on the back cover of #4.

(Kinda cool imho)

Regards,

Eric T

Thank-you!!

Can you please add

CBLDF Presents: Liberty Annual 2012 "Virgin" Edition to

Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants) registry set? There are currently three graded. Here is a link to the issue on the census.

http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=CBLDF+Presents%3A+Liberty+Annual+2012&publisher=Image+Comics&issue=nn&year=2012&issuedate=10%2F12

Hi,

Please would you add the following to the Lady Death set:

Lady Death #12 Art Deco Edition

Lady Death #17 Art Deco Edition

Lady Death #21 Art Deco Edition

And the following to the Warlord of Mars (Complete) set:

Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris #28

Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris #29

Thank you very much.

BW