• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your niche?

158 posts in this topic

I can't resist Green Lantern comics with the color green anywhere on the cover...

That doesn't narrow the field much, does it? Which GL covers DON'T have any green?

I'm also a sucker for covers with Flash depicted running.

Seriously, what does that leave out? About 10-15% where he's lying there with the snot beat out of him, talking to the reader, standing, sitting, kneeling?

Interesting niches.

Jack

Though I really dig the oddball, B.A. stuff (ie: Human Fly, Ka-Zar, 1st Issue Specials, Claw, etc.), I recently noticed an odd underlying theme in many of the titles I like... :eek:

Lately, I've really been on quite a Caveman, Barbarian, Jungle-Man binge -- especially in raw books.

Sliver-Age: Tarzan & Korzak's, Anthro, Naza the Stone-Age Warrior, etc.

Bronze-Age: Tor, Iron Jaw, Wulf, Kull, Conan, Claw, Ka-Zar, Tarzan, etc.

hm

... well, they never wear PANTS -- mostly just loincloth's, really! lol:blush:

Is that a "niche": slacks-hating, loincloth wearing, take-your-sister-with-us, pillaging barbarian cavemen?!

SIGN ME UP then! (thumbs u

* What would Freud say? Well, then again, sometimes a cigar, is really just a cigar. ;)

Some great niches.

Stuff I thought might show up but didn't:

Marvel Pop Art (although I think we have at least two regulars who do)

Those checkerboard DCs from the late '60s.

Character lifting the bottom corner of the page to reveal something (usually a new character)

Hitler covers

Every Ambush Bug appearance ever. (or Cheeky if he solos)