• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your niche?

158 posts in this topic

I believe my "Pirate Themed Covers" collection is still the best one out there (even after I sold off some of the better early Detectives and Adventures.

You would not believe how many comics have covers of pirates on them or kids playing pirates or party-goers dressed as pirates or ghost pirates, etc. I have a couple hundred!

I commission "Trophy Wall" pieces where a villain (from comics, movies, cartoons, TV shows, literature, etc.) has collected the heads of his adversaries and displayed them as trophies...

Yours and Stronguy's MVS sketches are the two best OA ideas I think I've ever heard.

I commission "Trophy Wall" pieces where a villain (from comics, movies, cartoons, TV shows, literature, etc.) has collected the heads of his adversaries and displayed them as trophies...

Yours and Stronguy's MVS sketches are the two best OA ideas I think I've ever heard.

Thanks for that.

I love Stronguy's Idea a lot...you get so much great artwork by so many great artists all in one place. I admire everything he had to do to put that together.

C

Thanks for that.

I love Stronguy's Idea a lot...you get so much great artwork by so many great artists all in one place. I admire everything he had to do to put that together.

C

Your villain triumphant trophy fetish (I mean that in a positive way) is absolutely amazing! Each piece is so unique and brilliant. (worship)(worship)(worship)

Reminded me a bit of part of the wanted (comic) storyline whereby one of the old school villains told the protagonist assassin kid that they united and destroyed all the super-heroes a few years back. When the kid asked why nobody was aware of it, he said they collectively wiped the world's mind but that the images would occasionally surface in the collective psyche as residual archetypes (or something to that effect), hence the mythology of comic heroes. He then proceeded to show the kid a souvenir encased in a glass tube -- it was a red cape.... To which the kid gasped, "did that belong to who I think it did?" The old villain smirked, "yep."

That would make a great idea for one of your trophy themes IMO.

I love that Trophy wall niche as well!

I go for rare Captain America Signature Series books, vol.5 of Cap and I try to get Fallen Son sketch covers when/wherever I can :)

2596827374_330d304cf3_b.jpg

If there were more of these I'd collect them too.

Ed - were you the one that bought that? I had a good snipe in, but you all beat the snot out of me. That book sat through one auction with no bids, then the bidders came out of the woodwork for the second round...., :sorry:

Keep me in mind if you decide to sell :wishluck:

2596827374_330d304cf3_b.jpg

If there were more of these I'd collect them too.

HERE's the link to the thread that displays them all. Great stuff lol originally, sadly, many of the images are gone.

I've since purchased most of them..., duplicates even. I'll try to get them back up.

i was once going to try and collect all the Iron Man covers that have a chick with a green dress on.

but then realized there weren't that many.

:sorry:

Funny, Louise has just started collecting cover with green dresses.

I know another guy who asked if I ever see a mother/daughter trio innuendo cover to snag it for him.

My own niche is superheros with tastes that change every few years.

R.

Craap - I thought I had this, but not quite....,

GirlsLove.jpg

Nurse comics. Specifically Nellie the Nurse and Night Nurse.

Don't forget Flying Nurses..., the most wonderful nurses of them all..., :cloud9:

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Unless it makes us weaker, and easier to kill next time..., :think:

My Niche is not comic books themselves but commissioned art.

It was not supposed to be a Niche when I started it was a one time commission...this one....(watermarked image)

Since I had this one done I have had 35 more made, with several more in the works.

The rest can be seen

Here

Here

and Here

It has been a lot of fun and the artists I work with run the gamut of skill sets, and have had a great time working on these pieces.

C

Muppetheads.jpg

Those commissions are brilliant. Some incredible, and fun, work on those pages.

Very... Very... Cool (worship)

It was not supposed to be a Niche when I started it was a one time commission...this one....(watermarked image)

JokerCommissionMarked2.JPG

Since I had this one done I have had 35 more made, with several more in the works.

The rest can be seen

Here

Here

and Here

It has been a lot of fun and the artists I work with run the gamut of skill sets, and have had a great time working on these pieces.

C

The rest can be seen

Here

Here

and Here

C

Brian Bolland... :cloud9:

What beautiful art and a wonderful theme you've thought of here. (worship)

Andy

The rest can be seen

Here

Brian Bolland... :cloud9:

What beautiful art and a wonderful theme you've thought of here. (worship)

Andy

Here

and Here

C

Troll

Are many of you still collecting your niche with newer comics, such as bronze or modern? Or are you mostly sticking to the older comics? I'm always interested in seeing how art progresses, and seeing, for example, a collection of bondage covers then and now would be a cool thing to see. Same with key character covers.

Thanks. I'm 7 books away from my other project so I need a new pet project. Here's a dated pic of the synchronic collection or "March 1952 set" -

Scrooge, this room is SICK!!! (worship)

Makes me want to dress like Ozzie Nelson, plop down in one of those chairs, read through a bunch of those books, sip cheap lager from a glass ( I suppose a martini would do sans beer ), and listen to some Perry Como on the turntable while I watch my wife make dinner. :grin: