• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your niche?

158 posts in this topic

Ohh, before I forget, in the GA forum there are threads about:

Shark covers,

Octopus covers,

Giant Robot covers

and we had Scuba covers in the General as well as Frog covers in General as well.

Ah, small minds think alike :)

I recall the collection of Superman lifting stuff (cars?) over his head.

Decapitation covers are a good one that's still not overly expensive, especially when focused on Fiction House.

I've thought about focusing on covers with a treasure/gold where it covers a good portion of the covers. FC 386 and Tec 73 come to mind as classics but there are many others.

Girls with a smoking gun is a good one. Fight 39 is the classic example but there are many others. Usually it's classic GGA as well.

Some goofy examples might be the "spread leg with hero/villain in between" cover. There are some hilarious Wonder Woman covers with that vantage, issue 176 comes to mind.

Bullet through head covers are another good one. Horrific 3 is the classic here, but plenty of others. Even Tracy had one or two with this theme.

Another good horror related would be any comic with an Iron-Maiden on it. I believe there's a couple pricey Timelys with that theme.

Another classic is the "fat" cover. DC early 60's really ran with that one, pardon the pun. Flash 116 is the cherry on the Sundae of that genre. (OK I'll stop)

My most recent project (started last month) is to re-create this exhibit from the Senate Hearings era. Have already 4 of them, soon to be 5 ... -

Now this is a cool idea. (worship)

I want to see more of these niche covers. But I'm talking about the more random ones, not "All X-Men" or "High Grade Silver." I want to see those bondage collections, or more of those fish smacking ones. I've always collected titles or characters. I love the idea of changing it up and doing something else (my first inclination is up-skirt type of shots, but my wife wouldn't like that too much...I know, I'm such a pig).

Seriously, I want to see some of these collections, not just hear about 'em.

Here's some of my GA, so let's see some flying fish or cross-dressing aliens, etc.

th_Adventures-of-Alice-1.jpgth_Alice-in-Wonderland-nn-CGC-.jpgth_Blondie-198.jpgth_Crime-DNP-22-50.jpgth_Crime-Does-Not-Pay-40.jpg

th_Gang-Busters-18.jpgth_Headline-Comics-28-70.jpgth_House-of-Mystery-127.jpgth_Jesse-James-4.jpgth_Kid-Colt-Outlaw-21-Toronto.jpg

th_Lash-LaRue-Western-86.jpgth_Murder-Inc-1-CGC-75.jpgth_National-Comics-65.jpgth_Pat-the-Brat-32.jpgth_Perfect-Crime-15.jpg

th_Rocky-Lane.jpgth_Sgt-Bilko-6.jpgth_Shadow-v6-n4-Crippen-85.jpgth_Strange-Adventures-80.jpgth_Two-Gun-Western-5.jpg

th_Western-Outlaws-12.jpgth_Western-Thrillers.jpgth_Wings-118.jpg

My most recent project (started last month) is to re-create this exhibit from the Senate Hearings era. Have already 4 of them, soon to be 5 ... -

This is one of the best projects I've seen. A great niche.

Thanks. I'm 7 books away from my other project so I need a new pet project. Here's a dated pic of the synchronic collection or "March 1952 set" -

62968.jpg.fa73a0c6241d2f4bc66dd235074ac3f4.jpg

Thanks. I'm 7 books away from my other project so I need a new pet project. Here's a dated pic of the synchronic collection or "March 1952 set" -

Nice room! We had one of those flexible floor lamps, my wife put it out for garbage day.

:gossip: When she wasn't looking I hid it in the garage. Why throw out a perfectly good working lamp? (shrug)

I love the room!! Great set up and great goal!! What books are you still missing?