• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your niche?

158 posts in this topic

my niche is restored Golden Age books published before the silver age (shrug)

Fixed it for you. (thumbs u

No, that would be my niche.

my niche is low grade restored Golden Age books published before the silver age (shrug)

No, that would be my niche.

now that is my niche.

Ok so I share. Some things.

My most recent project (started last month) is to re-create this exhibit from the Senate Hearings era. Have already 4 of them, soon to be 5 ... -

This is one of the best projects I've seen. A great niche.

Thanks. I'm 7 books away from my other project so I need a new pet project. Here's a dated pic of the synchronic collection or "March 1952 set" -

Nice room! We had one of those flexible floor lamps, my wife put it out for garbage day.

:gossip: When she wasn't looking I hid it in the garage. Why throw out a perfectly good working lamp? (shrug)

Because it's freaking ugly!!!!! :baiting:

Oh, but not yours, Scrooge, it looks great in that room... (thumbs u

:grin:

There are some great niche collectors here - Paratrooper's probably being the most impressive.

What other niches do we have going on here?

When I rediscovered comics about 1995, I was a pure theme collector --- chemical elements in comics.

Periodic Table of Comic Books

(Is it in my signature? I have them turned off.)

Most of the scans there are mine. Here are some of the better ones.

ww_21_cov.jpg

(Cleaned up in Photoshop)

Jack

Since then, I've continued with the stream but wandered off in all sorts of other directions too.

Jack

62973.jpg.27a5c997debf21151b74c046a9c28ebd.jpg

My most recent project (started last month) is to re-create this exhibit from the Senate Hearings era. Have already 4 of them, soon to be 5 ... -

Thanks. I'm 7 books away from my other project so I need a new pet project. Here's a dated pic of the synchronic collection or "March 1952 set" -

Nice room! We had one of those flexible floor lamps, my wife put it out for garbage day.

:gossip: When she wasn't looking I hid it in the garage. Why throw out a perfectly good working lamp? (shrug)

Because it's freaking ugly!!!!! :baiting:

Oh, but not yours, Scrooge, it looks great in that room... (thumbs u

:grin:

Be careful of wives. We used to have an ugly but perfectly working ceiling lamp that came with our old house. My wife complained about it for about two years then "accidentally" smacked it with a ladder during a home improvement project.

I had no choice but to let her put a new light in after that.

One of my pet projects was the first ten appearances of the Beast after he mutated into his current furry form. One more to go - Hulk 161.

I am currently collecting Duck books with Halloween or Christmas themes to use as gifts for my son who was born in October. He has "Christmas for Shacktown" and the Donald Duck 26 Halloween classic and "Christmas on Bear Mountain so far.

I have to say that I love seeing all the unusual, and sometimes hilarious, niche collections that board members have posted over the years.

I'm safe ... it's my wife who bought it to help decorate the room :luhv:

my niche is restored Golden Age books published before the silver age (shrug)

oh, I love a good restored book too...but, mainly, I like extensively restored moderns :insane:

my niche is Golden Age books published before the silver age (shrug)

As opposed to after?

well, it was partly a facetious post, but as in I call all pre silver age books "golden" age, I don't differentiate between "atom" and "gold" (thumbs u

I'm currently looking for midget covers. If anyone finds a cover with a midget (not a dwarf!) let me know. I'm not having much luck finding any.

wink.gif

So.....what's the difference between a midget and a dwarf?

Guess my niche is Fantastic Four....ah.....getting hit in the face by fish. Guess that narrows it down to Submariner appearances.

My Niche is not comic books themselves but commissioned art.

I commission "Trophy Wall" pieces where a villain (from comics, movies, cartoons, TV shows, literature, etc.) has collected the heads of his adversaries and displayed them as trophies...

It was not supposed to be a Niche when I started it was a one time commission...this one....(watermarked image)

JokerCommissionMarked2.JPG

Since I had this one done I have had 35 more made, with several more in the works.

The rest can be seen

Here

Here

and Here

It has been a lot of fun and the artists I work with run the gamut of skill sets, and have had a great time working on these pieces.

C