• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Champiagn / Urbana Comic Book Convention September 7

7 posts in this topic

Hey Kids! The Champaign Urbana Comic Book Convention will be held SSunday September 7 the Eastland Suites Urbana 1907 N. Cunningham Ave. Urbana, il (I-74 exit 184) Open to the public from 10 AM to 4 PM Free Admission Plus you get something cool free when you sign up for our mailing list! For info contact Alan @ (309) 657-1599 or vist www.epguides.com/comics

Champaign/Urbana is home to the University of Illinois and is a community of about 100,000 people. This comic show occurs here about 4 times per year and is relatively small, with usually around 10-12 local and regional dealers. Leroy Harper is sometimes there with his wonderful selection of comics.

No artists or special guests, just lots of comic books for sale. (And a few toys.) I attend every time because it's right here in my back yard, and I always come home with mounds of great comics, from golden age to modern.

Unfortunately I will have to miss this show because I will be vacationing with my family in Florida that weekend.

I have confirmed with the promoter that I have tables for this show.

I have a nice selection of Silver and Bronze comics and always enjoy meeting fellow board members.

Small 1 day show with usually 5-7 dealers.

Leroy

Champaign/Urbana is home to the University of Illinois and is a community of about 100,000 people. This comic show occurs here about 4 times per year and is relatively small, with usually around 10-12 local and regional dealers. Leroy Harper is sometimes there with his wonderful selection of comics.

No artists or special guests, just lots of comic books for sale. (And a few toys.) I attend every time because it's right here in my back yard, and I always come home with mounds of great comics, from golden age to modern.

Unfortunately I will have to miss this show because I will be vacationing with my family in Florida that weekend.

My Grandmother was born in Champaign(she came to California in 1920), and our family had a farm there dating back to the 1870s. I've never been there, but I can't help wondering if I still have family in the area. Maybe they're still running the farm!