• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mann Chinese Superhero group photo!

15 posts in this topic

I had a serious discussion with Superman and Wonder Woman today.

Ever since I saw that "Confessions of A Superhero" movie I wanted to start the next section of my in-progress art piece "The Picture of Everything" with my wife Jesse and I surrounded by all the costumed heroes/villains who work at The Mann Chinese Theater.

I'm holding a box with the words "EVERYTHING ELSE" printed on it to give me the freedom to leave anything out of my art piece I want and still be able to say those missing things are included in some way.

If you don't see something in The Picture of Everything , it's in the box of "Everything Else" Get it? Sort of a cheat, but it makes sense to me conceptually. After all, after I'm dead there'll always be more things being created. And there's certain political/hisotrical figures I'd just as soon not have to draw.

Anyway, I got Superman Chris and Wonder Woman from the "Confessions" movie (which you should rent if you haven't seen it) to organize as many of the folks as they could get for the group shot today. I was sort of sad Supergirl and Cookie Monster weren't around but oh well... This is all getting re-drawn from the photo for the art piece, so I'll add them later. Here's the photo:

tpoebox.jpg

When I first read your title I thought a group of Superhero's got Shot in front of Mann's :o

doh! Oops.

On topic, really cool, look forward to seeing it!

When I first read your title I thought a group of Superhero's got Shot in front of Mann's :o

doh! Oops.

On topic, really cool, look forward to seeing it!

You're right! I changed the title. Don't want anyone thinking there was a superhero massacre or anything!

I had a serious discussion with Superman and Wonder Woman today.

Ever since I saw that "Confessions of A Superhero" movie I wanted to start the next section of my in-progress art piece "The Picture of Everything" with my wife Jesse and I surrounded by all the costumed heroes/villains who work at The Mann Chinese Theater.

I'm holding a box with the words "EVERYTHING ELSE" printed on it to give me the freedom to leave anything out of my art piece I want and still be able to say those missing things are included in some way.

If you don't see something in The Picture of Everything , it's in the box of "Everything Else" Get it? Sort of a cheat, but it makes sense to me conceptually. After all, after I'm dead there'll always be more things being created. And there's certain political/hisotrical figures I'd just as soon not have to draw.

Anyway, I got Superman Chris and Wonder Woman from the "Confessions" movie (which you should rent if you haven't seen it) to organize as many of the folks as they could get for the group shot today. I was sort of sad Supergirl and Cookie Monster weren't around but oh well... This is all getting re-drawn from the photo for the art piece, so I'll add them later. Here's the photo:

tpoebox.jpg

What the hell is superdork pointing at?

You're missing Joe McQueen, AKA the Incredible HULK!

And are you sure the Wonder Woman there is Jenny from the documentary?

That looks like a different WW to me.

I think it is a different Wonder Woman... She was nice though and Superman Chris and her seemed to be friends.