• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romance Revealed Golden Age Romance Thread

76 posts in this topic

For a modern version, check out www.bachelorpadmagazine.net

I met the guy who puts this out at Tiki Oasis this year and he's a nice guy. Considering writing something for them.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Link possibly unsafe for work :blush:... but cool as hell. :devil:

I recently just picked up these two Fox romance comics. I'm wondering is there anyone out there who collects Fox romance? They have some really great covers and I'm wondering how difficult it is to get some of these? I noticed that the My Life is not in the GCD but it also doesn't have a category for it.

myconfession.jpgmylife.jpg

Fox had some great covers and some nifty giant size romance comics too. I collect them when I can find them.

A lot of the issues that I have seen are in pretty bad condition. I had better luck finding St. John with Baker covers. I posted several issues in the Baker thread.

bb

1802130036_0c254e5398.jpg2738702022_e67ba23668.jpg

2739181856_16a588e0e5.jpg2738443525_8ecc68287e.jpg

I only have 4 or 5 more Fox romance comics and haven't filled up the Romance box yet (almost).

Fox had some great covers and some nifty giant size romance comics too. I collect them when I can find them.

A lot of the issues that I have seen are in pretty bad condition. I had better luck finding St. John with Baker covers. I posted several issues in the Baker thread.

bb

1802130036_0c254e5398.jpg2738702022_e67ba23668.jpg

2739181856_16a588e0e5.jpg2738443525_8ecc68287e.jpg

I only have 4 or 5 more Fox romance comics and haven't filled up the Romance box yet (almost).

Interesting BB, if you get a chance to post the others love to see.

mylife.jpg

I am catching this late.

First (worship) this issue of My Life is a favorite cover of mine. The look and allure of the girl and her looking straight at the reader is spot on IMO and great!

Second, it is on the GCD. It's listed right here - GCD Gallery - The actual title is the entire: My Life True Stories in Pictures.

Finally, I believe I recall that Fox used this image / cover on another one of their comic but I can't recall which other one at this moment ...

Ahh, I was looking just under "My Life". Thanks Scrooge! It was also used on a giant "Book of Love". But, I like the white background better. There are quite a few really cool covers in the Fox romance that I will look for in the future. They also are priced less than Bakers :)