• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do folks get their supplies these days?

43 posts in this topic

I could probably search but do you sell a mylite/mylar for CGC Slabs.

The 9x14 legal size fit the CGC slabs. They are a mylite2. We also have polybags that fit nicely around the slabbed books as well.

I used to be a pretty regular shopper with ComicSupply, but I haven't seen a sale on that site in ages and the prices are all way high.

I'm looking primarily for the typical old book stuff, mylite2s, fullbacks, microchamber paper, etc.

We got them here.... http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_83

Hey guys. I really do appreciate all the kind words. Thanks for the support!!

Jeff

I get just about all my supplies from Hotflips as well. Jeff rocks :headbang:

Buying direct from Gerber is a $50 minimum.

Yes sir, it doesn't take long to eat that up with 36.00/50ct bags. I typicaly order more than enough to last me a while...it's been over a year since I last order supplies from Gerber.

Hotflips gets a thumbs-up from me. Good assortment and dealt with me promptly and fairly.

I didn't realize their legal size mylars were the right size for the CGC slabs, so I ordered from Bill Cole. Felt taken advantage off with their shipping fees. I wanted one more box, but it would have cost me $20 for it because it put me over 50 pounds and their pricing means a 52 pound order is the 50-pound cost plus the 2 pound cost as if I had two seperate orders.

I must say that putting the slabs in the mylites is great. The books look beautiful and uniform in the box, and I can see the tops when hunting for them much quicker.

The 9x14 legal size fit the CGC slabs. They are a mylite2. We also have polybags that fit nicely around the slabbed books as well.

I love the Legal Mylites :cloud9:.

One trick to make them fit better is to make a diagonal cut from inside-out and past the point where the flap meets the bag. It opens the bag on the sides and prevents crinkling.

I love the Legal Mylites :cloud9:.

One trick to make them fit better is to make a diagonal cut from inside-out and past the point where the flap meets the bag. It opens the bag on the sides and prevents crinkling.

:screwy:

Personally ComicSupply and BagsUnlimited (for the CGC bags) are my two go-to guys. You want high priced---go to BCEmylar...I'm sure HotFlips are good as well, just haven't tried them out yet. I don't buy too much raw supplies just primarily CGC bags and boxes.

For regular bags/boards (UltraPro), my LCS, Phoenix Comics in Landsdowne, VA. For mylites/fullbacks, Hotflips whenever I see them at a show. I'll probably be buying a lot from Hotflips at Baltimore.

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/prod-SIL-CE.htm

That's the same stuff that ComicSupply sells as MicroChamber paper ya? Anyone know?

No, the microchamber paper Comicsupply sells is the same stuff that CGC uses - it's much, much thinner than the 10 mil BCW extenders. I've tried the BCW comic book extenders, and I didn't like them at all - I was very worried that because the sheets were so thick (like backing board thick), they would be putting undue stress on the staples.

Cool, I think I'll give you guys a try and order some slab bags (thumbs u

Originally Posted By: WiseGuyX
Why not order from Gerber direct?

You mean other then the fact that they want to charge me international shipping to New Mexico because that don't know it's a state?

:roflmao:Even I know you guys are right under Alaska!