• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Outer cover graded 9.6"... Really ?

17 posts in this topic

with that pull it still got a 9.6? 'Ol Barry's got some friends down at CGC! :headbang:

I think that happened post slabbing and is an example of why a tapered edge holder can pop staples from the friction of the mylar holding the cover fast while the interior might move around upon impact.

At least thats how I interpret what I am looking at.

Then again we are talking about PGX, so logic might not apply.

Actually, unless my eyes deceive me...it looks like the SCS monster was all up and down on the right edge...truly horrific. I would have no choice but to burn the copy.

I assume you are making a funny, it was how the cover stock was cut.

(:

Well in fact, they are not really "fakes".

They were printed by Panini comics, an officially Marvel licensed company.

They named them "MUSEUM EDITION" but didn't know that it meant something in USA. .

A few years ago, Wizard magazine wrote an article about them.

Actually, unless my eyes deceive me...it looks like the SCS monster was all up and down on the right edge...truly horrific. I would have no choice but to burn the copy.

No way, dude. Those Museum issues are sweet. They were actually hand trimmed by Joe Quesada with scrapbooking scissors to give it that sweet "craft-style" right edge. :makepoint: