• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM.... More Fun #54

18 posts in this topic

I can't see this book getting above 8.0 IMHO FC has some blunted corners. spine ticks, writing of some type on the FC top edge, other little issues. The BC has a few issues including some tanning/shadow marks. Indentation above the "Sat" on the BC as well. Some issue on the BC top right corner/edge. Along with some other little problems. A very nice book regardless. I would say a nice 7.0 Possible 7.5 IMHO..

It is now graded CGC 8.0, off-white to white pages.

Heritage called them about the book, they indicated that the interior cover tanning is what kept it from being 8.5.

So you are probably wondering: is it a $10,000 book or a 15/$20,000 book??

I don’t know the answer. Now what do you guys think it will price out as? The last 8.0 sold for around 12K. Thoughts?

I think its a $11,000-$12,000 book. The page quality and overall look is good so perhaps it will fetch a little more if a bidding war ensues. The 7.5 white page copy on Comicconnect has sat on that site unsold at just shy of $10K for a long which is a bit surprising but the 7.5 to 8.0 threshold is a whole different ball game. The sale price on the 9.0 Nova Scotia copy will be telling because this copy along with the 8.0 you reference sat on Metro's site unsold for some time.

I took a chance and resubmitted it to CGC. I have been told that they bumped it up to 8.5 now as the copy floating around in 8.0 condition has a chip on the top corner and has rust spots or foxing all along the yellow part of the logo. So..... if it is an 8.5 what do you think it will go for? :cloud9:^^:acclaim::banana:

I took a chance and resubmitted it to CGC. I have been told that they bumped it up to 8.5 now as the copy floating around in 8.0 condition has a chip on the top corner and has rust spots or foxing all along the yellow part of the logo. So..... if it is an 8.5 what do you think it will go for? :cloud9:^^:acclaim::banana:

Hey that's awesome and more importantly I nailed the grade. :acclaim: I'd say at Heritage its a $17,000 book.