• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$60K Silver Age OO auction on eBay...the real thing?

17 posts in this topic

Before I plunk down 60K+ on something, I don't care if the feedback rating is 3 or 30000, I would buy a plane ticket and get a rental car and drive to the address to view the collection myself. I would ask a ton of questions before hand to see if it's even worth my time and expense first. But that's just me.

A 3-feedback EBayer who has never sold anything and his last purchase was a year and a half ago... sounds good to me! roflmao.gif

Well the 3 feedback thing certainly sets off alarms but he is offering to show them in person which is something a scammer would not do. Might be legit but I'd certainly go view them first if I was thinking of bidding serious money.

My guess is its real as the value of the collection is probably only half that at best. Throw in a couple color touches on those raw books and it's not even worth a third.

Ask for a high resolution scan emailed directly to you of all the keys. If the books look very fine or better than it may be worth a trip to view and possibly buy the books. If they look vg, which is probably correct than he is way over priced.

The link doesn't work.

Edit. Never mind. That stuff is not worth $60,000.

R.

This sounds like the "Daddy's Little Girl Collection" on steriods.

If this guy is really gonna sell the books, keep in contact with him after the auction. He may realize that $10K is top offer and a deal can always be made, maybe under. People do like to start high and work back down if no offers are made. This deal could go through 2-3 months from now off Ebay.