• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things That Annoy You On The Boards

310 posts in this topic

people who are way to sensitive.

people who think that this is their message board.

people who charge slabbed prices for raw books

Your talking about me...aren't you? I just know it. Now GET OFF MY BOARDS. Sniff...

The language.

Can't you all just learn some German??? poke2.gif

Was hast du on deiner Freizeit?Ich spiele........comic books.(spelling is prob off)Long time since I took german in High School

People who read Moderns and act like evangelists spreading the word of their new religion, browbeating potential converts, and being sure to insult the intelligence of the unwashed heathens who dropped new comics years ago.

Here's a tip for ya - if you're not into Moderns, how about you refrain from posting like "Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore" in the Moderns-forum which, as the title implies, is dedicated to people who actually purchase, read & enjoy those books?

You're welcome (thumbs u

Originally Posted By: hesdeadjim
The language.

Can't you all just learn some German??? poke2.gif

Was hast du on deiner Freizeit?

Ich spiele........comic books.

(spelling is prob off)

Long time since I took german in High School

Me too lol

oh i got another one. since your asking......

when people start a selling thread but don't post books for hours. i guess trying to get a bunch of people lined up so it's a feeding frenzy.

:gossip: if the books are nice, they will sell.

Or maybe they're just trying to give people the heads up. If I know in advance of a sales thread in which I'm interested, I can arrange my schedule to have free time to log in and check out the books rather than find out the next day I've missed books I want.

Originally Posted By: joe_collector
People who read Moderns and act like evangelists spreading the word of their new religion, browbeating potential converts, and being sure to insult the intelligence of the unwashed heathens who dropped new comics years ago.

Here's a tip for ya - if you're not into Moderns, how about you refrain from posting *spoon* like "Man, am I glad I don't buy Moderns anymore" in the Moderns-forum which, as the title implies, is dedicated to people who actually purchase, read & enjoy those books?

See what I mean. doh! And just for the record, my comments were in regard to that "Marvel Apes" stupidity that EVERYONE in the Modern forum was hammering on and laughing at.

Originally Posted By: Annihilus
Besides jc, there are a couple of really annoying things:

This: popcorn.gif

and OMFG, this: bee.gif

If only there were a way to assassinate those things (not jc).

Threadkrappers = Teh suck as well.

beesprayer.gif
lol, Yay!!!11!1!

Or maybe they're just trying to give people the heads up. If I know in advance of a sales thread in which I'm interested, I can arrange my schedule to have free time to log in and check out the books rather than find out the next day I've missed books I want.

thats what the announcement thread is for :makepoint: