• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things That Annoy You On The Boards

310 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: Monstro
people who are always correcting other peoples grammar and spelling.

\^\^

I get hammered all the time for my bad grammar and spelling. :shy:

I'll tell everyone what bothers me. Someone who does not realize that a conversation has a life of it's own. You don't have to answer every post someone makes, or speak everything that is on the tip of your mind. Learn to be quiet at times, learn to let someone else speak and learn to listen. That is likely my biggest beef here in general. Some people think that they have to do and say everything that is about to fall out of their ears.

R.

(worship)Best advice I've read in ages.

Originally Posted By: Monstro

\^\^

But there is a big difference between a mis-spelling and someone who just writes gibberish.

I could add a few things, but to save face.

My one thing I dont like is people talking to me like im some damned insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Especially when I KNOW they wouldnt be so quick to say these things to my face.

Other then that. Pressing threads. Over priced books in the FS forum, bad scans, and noobs selling books when nobody knows them.

ummm... actually, that would be "people who are always correcting other peoples' grammar and spelling."

:cool:

ummm... actually, that would be "people who are always correcting other peoples' grammar and spelling."

Ummm... actually, that would be "People who are always correcting other peoples' grammar and spelling."

oh i got another one. since your asking......

when people start a selling thread but don't post books for hours. i guess trying to get a bunch of people lined up so it's a feeding frenzy.

:gossip: if the books are nice, they will sell.

Thank you for the exemption. I don't do it to build up anticipation. I'm normally on the back porch drinking, smoking, headsets on. and thinking to myself....'I feel like there's something else I should be doing..." hm

Thank you for the exemption. I don't do it to build up anticipation. I'm normally on the back porch drinking, smoking, headsets on. and thinking to myself....'I feel like there's something else I should be doing..." hm

450px-Baby_sleeping.jpg

2) Those very few posters who rarely contribute anything meaningful and whose every post is meant to degrade, demean, insult, or antagonize.

Gee, I hope this doesn't refer to me, as I contribute a lot around here. :sumo:

For the record...no, it was not directed at you. While you can and do degrade, demean, insult, or antagonize with the best of them, you also contribute more actual comic book related info than most.

Actual between the covers information about stories, plot and history...stuff I'd like to see more of. The modern section excels at this. As does the gold. The others tend to focus more on CGC grading and value.

And some forums just have drunk people.

2) Those very few posters who rarely contribute anything meaningful and whose every post is meant to degrade, demean, insult, or antagonize.

Gee, I hope this doesn't refer to me, as I contribute a lot around here. :sumo:

For the record...no, it was not directed at you. While you can and do degrade, demean, insult, or antagonize with the best of them, you also contribute more actual comic book related info than most.

Actual between the covers information about stories, plot and history...stuff I'd like to see more of. The modern section excels at this. As does the gold. The others tend to focus more on CGC grading and value.

And some forums just have drunk people.

i totally agree with you on the last part of your post.

Things that frustrate me? hm

The biggest thing is probably when people have some legitimate points to contribute but undercut themselves but failing to voice their opinions in a way that is still respectful of others. Next biggest would be for people to demonstrate more discretion in their posts--not thread crapping, not instigating arguments without reason, not giving people the benefit of doubt, etc.

Boiled down, my two peeves could be fixed by respect for the individual being moved more to the forefront. Most people are pretty good about this, but a few...

2c :shrug: