• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK auction- what'd you win/lose?

235 posts in this topic

Losing bids:

Batman # 243 and Captain Marvel Adventures # 2. :cry:

I swear I got automatically sniped on Batman 243, even though I was told auto sniping was not possible on these auctions.

I was high bidder in the $300 range during the final minute. With 10 seconds left price moved to $600, and then moved to $900 with 5 seconds left.

Reminds me of ebay sniping.

Losing bids:

Batman # 243 and Captain Marvel Adventures # 2. :cry:

I swear I got automatically sniped on Batman 243, even though I was told auto sniping was not possible on these auctions.

I was high bidder in the $300 range during the final minute. With 10 seconds left price moved to $600, and then moved to $900 with 5 seconds left.

Reminds me of ebay sniping.

Now that Clink's servers are more reliable more people feel more comfortable putting in last second "snipe" bids on books. Either way that book was at a minimum an 800 dollar book in 9.6 even with the ugly miscut.

Also if you want to see even worse sniping, the ASM 86 9.6 jumped from 1200 to 3600 within the last 5 seconds of the auction. Surprise, surprise.

I did manage to win this Batman #261, this will now be the best 9.8 in my Batman 9.8 bronze collection. Got it for $605 and last GPA in 2007 was $1009 so I guess I did OK. I wasn't going to pay much more than I did though.

RAD78387200862_114959.jpg

Also if you want to see even worse sniping, the ASM 86 9.6 jumped from 1200 to 3600 within the last 5 seconds of the auction. Surprise, surprise.

Someone is using sniping software. Sure you can sit there and snipe a few auctions manually, but those Comiclink auctions end so quickly there is no way you can snipe too many manually. You need software to snipe that fast.

I did manage to win this Batman #261, this will now be the best 9.8 in my Batman 9.8 bronze collection. Got it for $605 and last GPA in 2007 was $1009 so I guess I did OK. I wasn't going to pay much more than I did though.

(thumbs u- always nice to be 40% smarter than the last guy

(thumbs u- always nice to be 40% smarter than the last guy

plus its got white pages, at least I know I am not payng less due to page quality difference

:cloud9:

I am 1 for 1 :banana:

RAD69FB52008717_101831.jpg

insufficiently_thoughtful_person. That thing wasn't worth a penny over the $1,000 I was trying to pull it down for. :jokealert:

Easily one of the best crime covers of all time. Congratulations. (I need to go beef up my bank account. This is the second CGC Crime Does Not Pay this month that I didn't have the bankroll to keep up with.) I didn't realize they were 4x to 6x books, but I can certainly see why they would be.

When you find out the secret of IndianDick let me know.

:cloud9:

I am 1 for 1 :banana:

RAD69FB52008717_101831.jpg

Cool book! I didnt even realize that issue was in the auction. This auction was loaded with cool books as far as I'm concerned. Nice pick up!

That is a neat book but man, what a horrific scene! It took me a second to see what that guy was actually doing to that poor lady. OUCH! That's gonna leave a mark!

First time I have ever seen "Mr. Crime" in a representative ghost form. Those crazy Goldens....