• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK auction- what'd you win/lose?

235 posts in this topic

Action #1 first wrap went for $3100

I was shocked that this went for over $2k. What did the 2nd and 3rd wraps hammer at? :o

Action #1 2nd scrap $1,150.

Action #1 3rd scrap $1,100.

Yep, and now this belongs to me, of all people:

action1wrap3cgcng.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

From the moment I saw those auctions, I knew the wrap for me was wrap number three! I love the fact that within a few pages of his introduction to the world, Supes is visiting a wife-beater in his home to pound him to a bloody pulp. Hard, non-PC justice of the unsophisticated yet thoroughly satisfying kind :cloud9:

If I live to be a hundred there is absolutely no possibility that I will EVER own a copy of Action #1, the undisputed most important comic there is. But I do now own a piece of it. If I could go back 20 years and tell the teenaged comic-collecting version of myself that one day I'd own a piece of Action #1... well, I wouldn't do it because that would risk tearing a hole in reality for which Doctor Who would kick my , but you get the point.

By the way, my bid was substantially higher than the closing price. It could've been 'worse' lol

YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING A WOMAN NOW!

I was shocked that this went for over $2k. What did the 2nd and 3rd wraps hammer at? :o

action1wrap3cgcng.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

From the moment I saw those auctions, I knew the wrap for me was wrap number three! I love the fact that within a few pages of his introduction to the world, Supes is visiting a wife-beater in his home to pound him to a bloody pulp. Hard, non-PC justice of the unsophisticated yet thoroughly satisfying kind :cloud9:

If I live to be a hundred there is absolutely no possibility that I will EVER own a copy of Action #1, the undisputed most important comic there is. But I do now own a piece of it. If I could go back 20 years and tell the teenaged comic-collecting version of myself that one day I'd own a piece of Action #1... well, I wouldn't do it because that would risk tearing a hole in reality for which Doctor Who would kick my , but you get the point.

By the way, my bid was substantially higher than the closing price. It could've been 'worse' lol

Nice!

The first wrap will belong to me as soon as I pay for it.

Nice!

I suspected as much, having seen you talk around the subject prior to the auction ;)

Congrats! Now the question remains as to whether this fills an Action #1 slot in the registry...

Nice!

I suspected as much, having seen you talk around the subject prior to the auction ;)

Congrats! Now the question remains as to whether this fills an Action #1 slot in the registry...

That's a good question. I sent a PM and started a thread a while back. Nobody from CGC has verified either way.

It was a bargain! :grin:

Long as you are happy :eek:

Of all big comic* purchases I have made, this one has the lowest 'remorse' factor. This is my favourite comic purchase ever! :grin:

*the word 'comic' in the above sentence also applies to fragments...

It was a bargain! :grin:

Long as you are happy :eek:

Of all big comic* purchases I have made, this one has the lowest 'remorse' factor. This is my favourite comic purchase ever! :grin:

*the word 'comic' in the above sentence also applies to fragments...

I bid 1901.00 for the first wrap and I think you are right. I hope you never sell it. These are awesome and in many ways better than any HG silver age book that could be had for the money. :headbang:

Wow, so the 2 of you guys paid over $4k for a couple of pages only? :o

A single page from an original Gutenberg bible sells for over $100,000 so these Supes pages are a bargain by comparison. The bible isn't even in English :insane:

action1wrap3cgcng.jpg

Thrilled for you! That quote is my most favourite thing ole Supes has ever said. I remember reading that story in the Superman from the 30's to the 70's book I got from my Grandma when I was seven and loving that line.

Something about the pacing and structure of it really appeals to me, not to mention the subject matter

action1wrap3cgcng.jpg

very nice !! that's the wrap I was considering myself, for all the reasons that you listed. great part of comic American history !!