• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK auction- what'd you win/lose?

235 posts in this topic

So which one of you guys stole the 9.4 Detective 400 for less than a grand...the steal of the auction.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:hi: Ummmmmmm.... that would be me.

I collect late 70's Batman 9.8s but could not resist a $1500 GPA book for $903. It will probably stay in my Batman collection until I can sell it for "GPA type money".

I was also the one that got the Batman #261 9.8 white page hundred pager for $605 (GPA $1000).

These 2 books will fit nicely in my collection at the right price.

RADDE28C200864_161356.jpg

savvy buys

I bid on a few of the Hulk books, but prices soon became just insane. Defies logic.

I hear ya Joe...I didn't even bother bidding...those PC's all broke $1000.00 with the 103 9.6 going for over $2200.00 :o

I can get a nice copy of the Hulk #110 for $350-400 all day long. No way was I paying 3X GPA averages for the privilege of it saying PC on the label.

I bid on a few of the Hulk books, but prices soon became just insane. Defies logic.

I hear ya Joe...I didn't even bother bidding...those PC's all broke $1000.00 with the 103 9.6 going for over $2200.00 :o

I can get a nice copy of the Hulk #110 for $350-400 all day long. No way was I paying 3X GPA averages for the privilege of it saying PC on the label.

I pretty much stick to pedigrees and I agree :o...I'll pay a small premium, but nothing like the $$$ we saw there...

I am going to bid on two books tonight.

This will be my first time bidding in C-Link auctions.

How close towards the end do you guys usually bid?

any advise would b emost helpful.

thanks,

thanks Nik! :wishluck:

It does seem like the C-Link auctions go for money that is way over GPA, which I dont understand because I am assuming that alot of these buyers are board members and have GPA. hm

It does seem like the C-Link auctions go for money that is way over GPA, which I dont understand because I am assuming that alot of these buyers are board members and have GPA. hm

Most of the boardies seem to striking out aside from or two mid graders here and there. No one's piped up with a big win.

I'm 0 for 6 :sorry: and I consider myself a loose hand on the bid button doh!

It does seem like the C-Link auctions go for money that is way over GPA, which I dont understand because I am assuming that a lot of these buyers are board members and have GPA. hm

Sometimes its "how/where" an item is offered that can make a difference in the "willingness" of the buyer to go over market to obtain it. Perhaps (shrug) Clink's Focused Auctions are now attracting "more" of the seriously wealthy "upper echelon" buyers that may not have GPA (because they bid what they want to) and/or may have it but can afford to bid whatever.

Consider that many of these buyers may be "used to" paying 20% ON TOP of their bids at Heritage in the past to acquire this kind of material. Without that "Extra Juice" on the back end, perhaps they are much more aggressive leading to sales that eclipse what they would have bid at Heritage knowing that there was 20% juice coming hm ... just a theory.

As for "Over GPA" Sales... much of what I tracked certainly has been so far... but there have been several surprising "Under GPA" deals reported thus far too... and that HOS 92 9.6 was a downright steal under $5K IMO... it could easily sell for $7-8K in the near future I think. I sold one for $7K privately 3-4 years ago and this new one one may be only 1 of 2 I've seen become available since. I think its another case of a book that has not been "traded enough" for its true market value to be established.