• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOH !!!!!!!!!!! Simpsons #1 sells for $1125

39 posts in this topic

You would think they would learn not to spend such ridiculous amounts on moderns. This has been said before (don't remember by who) on the boards, but it is a good thing to stay away from books that lose 99% of their value when cracked out of the slab.

Any CGC 9.9 or CGC 10.0 book would lose a majority of their value if cracked out of their slab - it has nothing to do with whether it's a modern or not.

You would think they would learn not to spend such ridiculous amounts on moderns. This has been said before (don't remember by who) on the boards, but it is a good thing to stay away from books that lose 99% of their value when cracked out of the slab.

Any CGC 9.9 or CGC 10.0 book would lose a majority of their value if cracked out of their slab - it has nothing to do with whether it's a modern or not.

And that goes for 9.8's and a lot of 9.6's as well.

Is it any less nutty to spend 15K on a FF #55 in 9.9?

You are absolutely right. I was just referring to moderns because, well, you just don't see a whole lot of 9.9s beyond the moderns (and some bronze). There are some 9.9 Silvers (Iron Man #2 etc), but I use moderns as the prime example as that is where most of the 9.9s and 10s reside.

Yea, it would be just as crazy to spend 15k on a FF 55 in 9.9

My opening bid was $500.00 with buy it now at $800.00. The buy it now sounds like a deal. Still waiting to collect, the buyer has bought almost every Simpsons #1 I have posted in the past two months. He is from UK, several other offers were coming in from Australia.

The 9/11 Spider-man #36 has sold for $1200.00-2,000.00 in 10.0, while 9.8's sell for 130.00 or so. So this is about the same ratio of ten times the value of 9.8. Not that I would spend that kind of money on a 10.0 but others have with different books. I just sell them, buyers buy them.

I think you have MUCH better odds of cracking a bronze 9.6 out of a slab, resubbing, and getting anoher 9.6 versus cracking out a 9.9 or 10.0 modern and getting the identical grade again when resubbing

Plus you can't press a 10.0, it's got nowhere upward to go :insane:

This Bongo book had a high quality printing, the staples are firm, no bindary corners. I will be steadily submiting these for a while. The non comic collector see's value in these comics. Just like the Valiant Super Mario comics which always sell.

This Bongo book had a high quality printing, the staples are firm, no bindary corners. I will be steadily submiting these for a while. The non comic collector see's value in these comics. Just like the Valiant Super Mario comics which always sell.

Aint that the truth. I sold $50-$75 in Valiant pre-hero books at the last show I did.

Aint that the truth. I sold $50-$75 in Valiant pre-hero books at the last show I did.

How much per book were you getting? I had some quantities of vintage stock about 5 years ago and I relisted them weekly on Ebay as they sold almost every time.