• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOH !!!!!!!!!!! Simpsons #1 sells for $1125

39 posts in this topic

Don't ya love modern comics? Check out this.

Have to admit that is probably the best parody cover ever though.

doh!

To think I bought this off the rack, and read it on my lunch hour! I potentially wasted a cool grand for 15 minutes of reading enjoyment.

Was totally worth it. :cloud9:

I'd hate to be the guy who owned a 9.9 of this issue, the "value" of his comic just plumetted.

I'd hate to be the guy that plunked this kind of coin for a 10

I'd hate to be the guy who owned a 9.9 of this issue, the "value" of his comic just plumetted.

Ditto. This is just sad. You would think people would learn.

I can see only because it is a 10.0 and it is the first issue of The Simpsons. 10.0's are rarer than people think.

You only said that because you're a Homer fan :baiting:

Ditto. This is just sad. You would think people would learn.

Learn what?

You would think they would learn not to spend such ridiculous amounts on moderns. This has been said before (don't remember by who) on the boards, but it is a good thing to stay away from books that lose 99% of their value when cracked out of the slab.

What's ridiculous to me or you could be chump change to someone else. At the end of the day, I don't care what anyone else spends on their books, just what I spend. Good for the seller and the buyer. (thumbs u