• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My big news!

56 posts in this topic

Thank you, all of you! You made a great day just that much better!

JLA: Yes, little did I know, book publishers throughout the known world have been scouring comic message boards, looking for wacky threads and they discovered Crisis. Who knew?

Supa: Money, money, money? Nah. Most books pay surprisingly little. But now that I'm 'in' with this publisher, they've already told me they want me to pitch more ideas. They publish around 40 titles a year (that's a lot) so I'm hoping to grab 3 or 4 slots from them per year.

BOC: They're going to be 'gift books' so 10 seems about right. wink.gif

Lighthouse: No sweet, sweet DC's in my future yet, just bills. But it'll be fun to pay them on time for once!

Again, my sincere thanks to everyone in this thread, it means a lot to me.

-- Joanna

I just had to share the news with my buddies.

I got official word today: The two books I proposed a few months ago have both been accepted for publication! Contracts are on the way, and very soon, I'm going to be spending the bulk of my time writing as I try to meet the publisher's deadline. I am one psyched lil puppy tonight. These will be my first books, and although they're not novels, it's still a dream come true for me.

-- Joanna

Congrats! :kudos: I remember you mentioning this via PM not too long ago. Hopefully it can bring you some $$$ for your talent and you can hang on to some of that awesome artwork thumbsup2.gif