• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic link should have bid more

85 posts in this topic

I tried to bid on the Captain Marvel Adventures #1 CGC 8.5 ® and missed by a second. I thought that book went too cheap.

R.

For the amount I spent on that book a year and a half ago, I would have loved for you to bid on it as well :sorry:

I would happily buy that book for a bit over what it sold for.

R.

I won this, and probably paid too much. Nonetheless, it is a grail I have wanted for a long time and I will be holding on to it for many years. Another top 5 on my wantlist crossed off.

RAD4E0ED200863_103459.jpg

Wow, great, scarce book there Josh. I have 2 questions though.

1. Are you printing money?

2. Can you send me some? :grin:

I won this, and probably paid too much. Nonetheless, it is a grail I have wanted for a long time and I will be holding on to it for many years. Another top 5 on my wantlist crossed off.

Mike, I only printed money for the YA 15 I bought from you a while back :/

Mike, I only printed money for the YA 15 I bought from you a while back :/

lol

Black Terror. You should add a comma to your thread title. It looks like a thread about CL shilling their own auctions. lol

Quite a few GA deals in this auction so far. I slept through the bidding tonight. doh!

I'm discouraged anyway, This auction was my third chance to get the Black Terror #1 in 8.5 and the third time I didn't win. :cry:

Brother, you and me both....I dropped out of the bidding at $3,700.

Can't believe the deals I'm getting on other GA though in the 'Link auction though

(thumbs u

One of my acquisitions....2nd highest graded copy at 25% under 9.0 Guide.

RADF736C200887_12501.jpg

Great book and one of my favorite Flash books (I love me some baseball playing super heros) (worship)

If you ever decide that book isn't your cup of tea just shoot me a PM ;)

Black Terror. You should add a comma to your thread title. It looks like a thread about CL shilling their own auctions. lol

Quite a few GA deals in this auction so far. I slept through the bidding tonight. doh!

I'm discouraged anyway, This auction was my third chance to get the Black Terror #1 in 8.5 and the third time I didn't win. :cry:

Brother, you and me both....I dropped out of the bidding at $3,700.

Can't believe the deals I'm getting on other GA though in the 'Link auction though

(thumbs u

One of my acquisitions....2nd highest graded copy at 25% under 9.0 Guide.

RADF736C200887_12501.jpg

Great book and one of my favorite Flash books (I love me some baseball playing super heros) (worship)

If you ever decide that book isn't your cup of tea just shoot me a PM ;)

You got it buddy. Did you get your catalogues by the way? You should have seen the postal clerks face when I gave him the Flat Rate box that weighs 40+ lbs. lol

General thread has the what did you buy in Comic Link ... lots of rah about silver and bronze ... and some gold ... let's always look at these auctions from a golden point of view... it is insane to see what some of the silver age and bronze age is selling for ... then look at the Gold lying somewhat cheaply in the gutter ... honestly by historic measures ... gold is cheap relatively speaking.

Of course always buy what you like ... but there were some tough tough books in this auction... things that are truely rare and special ... ... great cover high grade pedigree iconic character and more...

Here's three books I think that went way to cheap relative to some others ... you just don't see them ... and for the record I'm not a Batman nut ...

Detective 62 ... went under guide for one of the top ten issues in grade now and forever ... although time will tell. And a Pedigree ... should have bid again on this one... great black joker cover ... should have gone much higher ... this book is so superior to the bronze age stuff (in my opinion)...

Detective 69 it went for above guide ... but this is an insanely powerful cover... and it's one I never see for sale in grade or hardly otherwise... this is a trophy book. I should have gone all out on this ... congrats to some bidder for hammerin down on this one... so sweet.

Detective 71 ... wow ... under 5 k for one of the all time great Batman covers ... a steal. I should have bid higher ...I know the price seemed high but again relative to the prices on some of the silver age and bronze age stuff ... go figger ... when the market wakes up again to what is truely rare ... right now is a great time to buy golden age ... with people paying 3k for Green Lantern 76.... great book and all but come on ...

Try getting this three books in this grade again anytime soon at any price .... try getting any three silver or bronze age books ... period ... no comparison. These three and many other golden age books are rare opportunities.

What books honestly could have and should have gone higher ... IF the market were awake ... what ones should you have bid one more time for?

This can be a fun little thread ...

The problem with most GA books is the limited number of collectors chasing them relative to the SA/BA keys that keep setting new price records. Looking at more common issues, demand and prices have started to cool a bit IMHO (especially on eBay). Outside of classic covers/key 1st appearances, more common GA books will stagnate over the long run. While Tec #62 is a neat cover and has a joker appearance, it is not really key.

General thread has the what did you buy in Comic Link ... lots of rah about silver and bronze ... and some gold ... let's always look at these auctions from a golden point of view... it is insane to see what some of the silver age and bronze age is selling for ... then look at the Gold lying somewhat cheaply in the gutter ... honestly by historic measures ... gold is cheap relatively speaking.

Of course always buy what you like ... but there were some tough tough books in this auction... things that are truely rare and special ... ... great cover high grade pedigree iconic character and more...

Here's three books I think that went way to cheap relative to some others ... you just don't see them ... and for the record I'm not a Batman nut ...

Detective 62 ... went under guide for one of the top ten issues in grade now and forever ... although time will tell. And a Pedigree ... should have bid again on this one... great black joker cover ... should have gone much higher ... this book is so superior to the bronze age stuff (in my opinion)...

Detective 69 it went for above guide ... but this is an insanely powerful cover... and it's one I never see for sale in grade or hardly otherwise... this is a trophy book. I should have gone all out on this ... congrats to some bidder for hammerin down on this one... so sweet.

Detective 71 ... wow ... under 5 k for one of the all time great Batman covers ... a steal. I should have bid higher ...I know the price seemed high but again relative to the prices on some of the silver age and bronze age stuff ... go figger ... when the market wakes up again to what is truely rare ... right now is a great time to buy golden age ... with people paying 3k for Green Lantern 76.... great book and all but come on ...

Try getting this three books in this grade again anytime soon at any price .... try getting any three silver or bronze age books ... period ... no comparison. These three and many other golden age books are rare opportunities.

What books honestly could have and should have gone higher ... IF the market were awake ... what ones should you have bid one more time for?

The problem with most GA books is the limited number of collectors chasing them relative to the SA/BA keys that keep setting new price records. Looking at more common issues, demand and prices have started to cool a bit IMHO (especially on eBay). Outside of classic covers/key 1st appearances, more common GA books will stagnate over the long run. While Tec #62 is a neat cover and has a joker appearance, it is not really key.

Is this going to be part of some Federal Statute or is it a law of nature that I missed somewhere in my schooling?

If you don't subscribe to Detective #40 being the first Joker cover(and the editor's intent was that it not be) then tec #62 is the first, and certainly key.

I won the Mile High Adventure 58 for somewhat less than my maximum bid. I have always wanted the 1st Paul Kirk story and am so glad no-one else was/is similarly fixated.

Seems like a reasonable price for that book. (thumbs u