• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #2 3 4 5 6 CGC 5.0-6.0 SS Stan Lee D.Ayers For SALE!

20 posts in this topic

Please do not quote pictures!

As the title says, I'm selling the following books:

Incredible Hulk#2 (1962) CGC 5.0 OW/W Pages SS Stan Lee

Incredible Hulk#3 (1962) CGC 5.0 OW/W Pages SS Stan Lee & D.Ayers

Incredible Hulk#4 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages SS Stan Lee & D.Ayers

Incredible Hulk#5 (1963) CGC 5.0 OW/W Pages SS Stan Lee & D.Ayers

Incredible Hulk#6 (1963) CGC 6.0 OW Pages SS Stan Lee & D.Ayers

These are from my personal collection. My policy is pretty simple: sell to forumites first. Asking price is $5,000 + s/h. After a few days, I may put these back in my collection or put them on eBay. Let's see what happens here first.

I will consider reasonable offers, so please feel free to reply here or PM me.

-Issa

image130largero8.th.jpg

image133largevf6.th.jpg

image132largeeh6.th.jpg

image131largesr5.th.jpg

wheres number 1 (shrug)

Why am I not surprised Green is here. :foryou:

Where is bighulkfan?

I think Big Hulk Fan may have these. I spoke to him after the big Apple briefly, and thought he mentioned having these.

i think he has a 5 but thats all iirc

Trust me, that is of little consequence. It's a challenge finding these books in mid-grade, let alone without any marvel chipping (which in opinion is the most unsightly thing you can have on any graded book). Similarly, Stan likely chose the word balloon as #2 is this is first apppearance of the Green Hulk. Better over words, than the art, I say.

Lastly, I do have a Hulk#1 CGC 5.5 OW/W Pages SS by Stan Lee with the word 'Excelsior!" ....but I would be very hard-pressed to sell that. I *could* sell the entire SS run at a very expensive price, but that's because I am crazy about the Hulk#1....and only heavily infatuated with 2-6. :lol:

-Issa

The artwork for Incredible Hulk #6 was 100% Ditko, pencils and inks, on the cover and interior.

Not sure why it would be signed by Ayers.

Such open-ended speculation sounds a lot like thread crapping to me...but I'm game. I asked D.Ayers which books he worked on and he said 3-6. Again, taking his age into consideration, maybe his memory isn't as good as it used to be.

dscf0023largeyb7.th.jpg

-Issa

The artwork for Incredible Hulk #6 was 100% Ditko, pencils and inks, on the cover and interior.

Such open-ended speculation sounds a lot like thread crapping to me...but I'm game. I asked D.Ayers which books he worked on and he said 3-6. Again, taking his age into consideration, maybe his memory isn't as good as it used to be.

dscf0023largeyb7.th.jpg

-Issa

I don't think this is necessarily constitutes thread-crapping, and is genuinely good question: why did a particular creator sign a comic where there doesn't appear to be an obvious connection? Now, the Grand Database Project actually credits Kirby with cover and interior pencils and Ayers with colors--no mention of Ditko. Manatee, or anyone else for that matter, do you have a copy of Hulk 3 on hand to double check the credits? Might shed a little light on the matter. hm

dscf0023largeyb7.th.jpg

-Issa

I don't think this is necessarily constitutes thread-crapping, and is genuinely good question: why did a particular creator sign a comic where there doesn't appear to be an obvious connection? Now, the Grand Database Project actually credits Kirby with cover and interior pencils and Ayers with colors--no mention of Ditko. Manatee, or anyone else for that matter, do you have a copy of Hulk 3 on hand to double check the credits? Might shed a little light on the matter. hm

Good! Thank you for taking the time to shed some light on this issue :) ...I certainly appreciate the detective work. Where can I find this Grand Database project? :popcorn:

-Issa

I was referring to issue #6, the famous "all-Ditko issue" of Incredible Hulk, not issue #3.

The Grand Comics Database correctly credits Steve Ditko with pencils and inks on the cover and interior art of issue #6.

And it certainly was not my intention to on your thread. I sincerely apologize if it appears that way. Those are some amazing books you have there.