• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 200+ raw golden: Batman, Supes, horror, sci-fi - NOW 10% OFF

145 posts in this topic

This whole thing is just .

There ARE regular sellers on Ebay.

The only people buying overgraded junk are people who cant grade.

If you wish to make profit by deception. Because that is exactly what you are doing, go right ahead. See how long it is until you are brought up in comics general.

And if you cant get top dollar for your books off Ebay. Get off your and start doing local shows.

Im done.

Pat-

Who hates con-men, and deceivers.

Most of us understood this "reality" a long time ago. Yes, it pays to lie on ebay. However, many of us value our integrity more than the extra $ lying will get you on ebay.

However, I should note that sometimes the "undergrading" strategy has been shown to actually benefit the seller's pocketbook more than overgrading.

zillaf4 consistently undergrades. I can think of two very, very good reasons for doing this;

One, it cuts returns based on grading down to nearly zero. If you undergrade, and someone still complains, give them their money back and block them like a vestal virgin.

Second, undergrading causes people to spend MORE on your books in the long run, because they don't know how much you've undergraded. It works like this; say you have a book that's "really" a VF. You advertise it as a Fine. People who know you are undergrading look at the book and think "hm this guy always undergrades; this book could be a VF, might even be a NM-, I'd better bid at NM- price to be sure." Voilà, you get a delighted person who's paid above guide and you didn't have to lie to them to get them to buy your book

Why not just grade fairly regardless of the selling venue? Is that such a difficult concept for you to embrace?

You really want to know why?

Because every time in the past I graded "fairly" on ebay (i.e. 100% accurate very strict grading according to CGC standards) all the bidders still assume you are overgrading, just like all the ebay sellers. And I end up getting half what the book is really worth. And that is a money losing proposition when I do both my buying (in bulk) and selling on ebay.

The only way a seller gets "fair selling prices" on ebay is to slightly overgrade just like all the other ebay sellers. Do anything else and you end up selling books for less than your cost of buying them, unless you bought them off the rack or paid some poor local shmuck in your hometown 10% of what they were worth.

People on these boards might not like that harsh reality, but those are the facts.

Better just to put up a big scan(s) and no grade at all then.

Feedback of my favourite eBay dealer

Bobcat's feedback

Notice the multiple repeat buyers?

Also notice how much his books sell for. Same with zilla, way above guide in a lot of cases.

Especially on the books I snipe :flamed:

Feedback of my favourite eBay dealer

Bobcat's feedback

Notice the multiple repeat buyers?

Also notice how much his books sell for. Same with zilla, way above guide in a lot of cases.

Especially on the books I snipe :flamed:

:gossip: gawdammit greggy - that was supposed to be our secret...,

:pullhair: now everyone is going to be over at bobcat's..., I've ordered many, many books from him.

On the finscanes front - I ordered one overgraded book from him, and he immediately went on my "list" to never order from again. dekuek's on my "list" as well.

Wow how did I miss this thread........... doh!:makepoint::roflmao::roflmao:

You were buying all my HG Jungle Actions ? (shrug)

doh!

doh!doh!:grin:

Hey..

You could have done your shopping here..

:jokealert:

:roflmao:

doh!

Hey..

I found the Hulk box... :baiting:

:takeit:

doh!

Hey..

What's in it? :sumo:

doh!

Hey..

I just started laughing.

It has about 200 issues of the Hulk, some inhumans, and a bunch of Invaders.

doh!

Hey..

nothing for you :makepoint: