• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 200+ raw golden: Batman, Supes, horror, sci-fi - NOW 10% OFF

145 posts in this topic

I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of mess for doing that intentionally.

Yes, this is obviously why I have a 6700+ feedback rating on ebay, based on over 30,000 sales transactions since 1997, and not one single negative comment ever posted about me that was in regard to grading issues.

Yeah, obviously I'm the worst ebay has ever seen :screwy:

that doesnt matter at all. What does matter is that you admitted to systematically over grading for profit. Over grading is one thing, it happens. Doing it for profit is disgusting, immoral and speaks volume as to your character imo.

No, I said this was "EBAY GRADING" on this list. We all know EBAY GRADING is less strict than CGC BOARD grading. It is a relative thing. That is why I stated it was "ebay grading", so there would be no confusion.

But that does not mean CGC and/or CGC BOARD grading is the only "correct" grading in this world. There is no such thing as "correct grading", even CGC is inconsistent with their grading at times.

I don't know how much more straight forward it can be. I said up front from the beginning the books on list list were graded according to ebay standards and I provided a photo of every book. If someone does not want to buy from a list that is using "ebay grading" and states up front that it is "ebay grading" then that is their choice. It's as free country.

But based on the tens of thousands of books I have sold on ebay without one single negative comment about my grading, it seems obvious there are plenty of people in this world that are perfectly happy buying from a list that has used ebay grading.

I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of mess for doing that intentionally.

Yes, this is obviously why I have a 6700+ feedback rating on ebay, based on over 30,000 sales transactions since 1997, and not one single negative comment ever posted about me that was in regard to grading issues.

that doesnt matter at all. What does matter is that you admitted to systematically over grading for profit. Over grading is one thing, it happens. Doing it for profit is disgusting, immoral and speaks volume as to your character imo.

No, I said this was "EBAY GRADING" on this list. We all know EBAY GRADING is less strict than CGC BOARD grading. It is a relative thing. That is why I stated it was "ebay grading", so there would be no confusion.

But that does not mean CGC and/or CGC BOARD grading is the only "correct" grading in this world. There is no such thing as "correct grading", even CGC is inconsistent with their grading at times.

I don't know how much more straight forward it can be. I said up front from the beginning the books on list list were graded according to ebay standards and I provided a photo of every book. If someone does not want to buy from a list that is using "ebay grading" and states up front that it is "ebay grading" then that is their choice. It's as free country.

But based on the tens of thousands of books I have sold on ebay without one single negative comment about my grading, it seems obvious there are plenty of people in this world that are perfectly happy buying from a list that has used ebay grading.

hm Good luck selling here on the boards. You are definately going to need it. After reading this, I'm not even going to look at the Action scan.

:sick::o:sick::popcorn::popcorn:

All im getting from that explanation is ebay is full of dumasses, scumsuckers an ripoff artist so when you do business there you fall in line with them.

In my opinion most ebay stuff is innocently over graded due to unfamiliarity with constantly changing grading standards and/or an unfamiliarity with the hobby.

our grading and CGCs grading I believe is based on the standards that are set by the community and Overstreet. All grading is subjective of course but honestly Craigslist grading is better than what some of this is. I can't speak for "eBay" grading and your feedback I can only assume that you have an excellent return policy or refund policy.

Dude, that doesn't make any sense. WTF is Ebay grading? (shrug)

Are you saying that all of Ebay sellers do this and so will I? Alot of us that sell here also sell on Ebay, and speaking for myself, I take offense to that idiotic statement.

Dude, that doesn't make any sense. WTF is Ebay grading? (shrug)

Are you saying that all of Ebay sellers do this and so will I? Alot of us that sell here also sell on Ebay, and speaking for myself, I take offense to that idiotic statement.

I always graded the same ? There is no Ebay grading system ! There are just a bunch of people who either cant grade and call vg books VF/NM, which I avoid. And then the other shady sellers just bump the books a grade and a half, and give you a crappy photo.

Any books I ever sold on Ebay were graded accurately, and low grade books VG- and under I just lumped in big lots and labeled them readers.

I would have to say any upstanding member of the boards uses OSPG grading system, or CGC grading system which is tighter. If you are going to use ebay grading, then at least offer the books for ebay prices (roughly 40% of actual value based on scan). The only people that get good money constantly on Ebay are good sellers.

And robojojo.....

Some examples of your neutral or positive feedback.

Overgraded by one full grade, but packed securely, shipped quickly.

over-grade, but the price was nice.

Fast shipping but inflated grading, should be VG+ or Fine

Please DISREGARD my POS F.B._should be NEG books were OVERGRADED but I was nice!

Good value. Overgraded, but can't complain for the price.

NM- is really FN/FN-...only 7 grades off. But Overstreet Grading guide

needs to learn how to grade books

thanks for book graded a little hi but I knew what I was getting

Would grade lower, but still a good value.

I know you will say, a few comments out of 6000 but any Ebay veteran buyer knows that for every negative or false positive comment there are many other unhappy buyers that just kept their mouth shut and put you on their do not buy from list. Many Ebay buyers do not know how to grade by CGC or Overstreet standards but when the day comes to sell they will learn that many of their books are worth less than they thought.

On the plus side you provide large scans so buyers that know how to grade can make a better decision, of course not all flaws are apparent in a scan.

You are certainly not the worst seller on Ebay and perhaps better than the average but after reading your feedback I wouldn't buy off you.

over-grade, but the price was nice.

Fast shipping but inflated grading, should be VG+ or Fine

Please DISREGARD my POS F.B._should be NEG books were OVERGRADED but I was nice!

Good value. Overgraded, but can't complain for the price.

NM- is really FN/FN-...only 7 grades off. But Overstreet Grading guide

needs to learn how to grade books

thanks for book graded a little hi but I knew what I was getting

Would grade lower, but still a good value.

I know you will say, a few comments out of 6000 but any Ebay veteran buyer knows that for every negative or false positive comment there are many other unhappy buyers that just kept their mouth shut and put you on their do not buy from list. Many Ebay buyers do not know how to grade by CGC or Overstreet standards but when the day comes to sell they will learn that many of their books are worth less than they thought.

On the plus side you provide large scans so buyers that know how to grade can make a better decision, of course not all flaws are apparent in a scan.

You are certainly not the worst seller on Ebay and perhaps better than the average but after reading your feedback I wouldn't buy off you.

OOOOOOOOOWNED! :roflmao:

Whatever dude. You try selling 30,000 raw comics on ebay for 10 years and see if you don't find a few people who disagree with you sometimes (but leave a positive comment anyway)