• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 200+ raw golden: Batman, Supes, horror, sci-fi - NOW 10% OFF

145 posts in this topic

After this thread, we're probably all banned from dekeuk's future threads. :insane:

I'm not banning anyone.... it's a free country.

But I have received the message. Nobody wants "ebay type grading" on these boards, even when I fully disclosed it in advance, and provided large photos, and offered a money back grarantee.

In all honesty though, I really thought I was grading correctly for the last 25 years, including the 10 years I was selling on ebay part time.

It has only been in the last few months, with actual explosure to slabs, that I even realized that I was (unintentionally) overgrading for the last 25 years.

You get used to overgrading when all you see is overgrading everywhere around you for 25 years. Old habits die hard. You go to 50 comics shops and 10 conventions and deal with mail order for 25 years, and you see everyone else's so called grading standards, and you think that is the norm, and you adopt them as your own. I have been unknowingly calling VG books FINE since I was 12 years old and everyone else I met in the collecting field agreed with me until only recently.

And this was backed up by all the positive feedback I received for 10 years on ebay. I called a VG a FINE because I honestly thought it was FINE all these years. Customer gets the book and leaves a positive feedback, often saying the grading was accurate. So you think you are grading correctly.

It has only been in the last 12 months that I have actually owned any slabs at all. This compares to 25 years of grading a certain way and thinking I was grading to industry standards.

Regardless, I will not post anything else on these boards with "ebay type grading" in the future.

:applause:

I understand and sympathise! When I was a teenager UK comic shops (all two of them) seemed to think VG comics were NM, and they would price them by converting the NM $ guide price into £'s at a rate of 1:1 doh!

I've also felt the frustration of selling nice, honestly graded VF/NM comics on ebay and seeing them sell for less than some other seller's VG graded as 'excellent condition' or 'mint' :mad:

Dekeuk:

Instead of pledging to never sell here with "Ebay grading" why don't you promise to not sell anywhere with "Ebay grading." Just b/c you don't do it here doesn't make you a stand up guy. A person who consciously overgrades is a scammer whether he's doing it to me or not.

Wow. I missed this thread until now.

Entertaining but sad.

The original poster has started another for sale thread. I ain't gonna miss keeping on eye on that one.

It is one thing to overgrade, but to intentionally overgrade AND STATE SO, may be forthright, but foolish.

If you are going to screw my wife, don't tell me about it to my face. Then you leave me no choice but to bust your arse. If you don't tell me about it, and I find out, then I might be able to assume that you didn't know that she was married, and I MIGHT give you a pass and just bust her arse.

Does that make sense?

Well since this thread has evolved into discussing other ebay seller's grading, I'll share my experience with JS Comics. They were selling what they called 9.4 - 9.6 NM 70's Captain Americas (with stock scans, not actual pics). Since they have a long history in the hobby and a few other boardies had mentioned them in the past, I went ahead and bought a few runs from them. What I received were books that were obviously unread from a warehouse stash, but had obvious defects from storage (dinged corners, ect..) Books would really grade an 8.0 - 8.5. I pointed this out to them and left a calmly worded neutral feedback bascially stating that their 9.4's were really 8.5's. They went ahead and promptly banned me from buying from them. I guess the truth hurts. What a bunch of *spoon!

This post may be a year old, but some things don’t change. I did my first and last business with jscomics on eBay about a month ago and my impression was exactly the same as yours.

Well since this thread has evolved into discussing other ebay seller's grading, I'll share my experience with JS Comics. They were selling what they called 9.4 - 9.6 NM 70's Captain Americas (with stock scans, not actual pics). Since they have a long history in the hobby and a few other boardies had mentioned them in the past, I went ahead and bought a few runs from them. What I received were books that were obviously unread from a warehouse stash, but had obvious defects from storage (dinged corners, ect..) Books would really grade an 8.0 - 8.5. I pointed this out to them and left a calmly worded neutral feedback bascially stating that their 9.4's were really 8.5's. They went ahead and promptly banned me from buying from them. I guess the truth hurts. What a bunch of *spoon!

This post may be a year old, but some things don’t change. I did my first and last business with jscomics on eBay about a month ago and my impression was exactly the same as yours.

:roflmao: Thanks for bumping this. Tells me a lot about dekeuk. Had a feeling he was a weiny :roflmao:

:roflmao: Thanks for bumping this. Tells me a lot about dekeuk. Had a feeling he was a weiny :roflmao:

WoW!!!

Very interesting read...

Thanks for the bump! Nice to see fellow boardies wanting to keep the masses informed (thumbs u

Geez.. how old is this thread (over 1 year).. dekeuk is a good stinky book seller... kill this stupid thread already (No make me). It's the past and useless (incorrect, he sells stinky books)... hope nobody digs in my past (you sir, are one of those guys that i would do business with)..hmmm (why got something to hide? hm )

just my thoughts....

Geez.. how old is this thread (over 1 year).. dekeuk is a good stinky book seller... kill this stupid thread already (No make me). It's the past and useless (incorrect, he sells stinky books)... hope nobody digs in my past (you sir, are one of those guys that i would do business with)..hmmm (why got something to hide? hm )

just my thoughts....

We'll, maybe I'm missing something here. I don't know the guy and I'm not even sure weve done transactions before.. possibly.. but I thought he was a stand up guy here on the boards and this was just something old that was bumped up?? Cool thing he did..of coarse not... but I thought it was cleared up and fixed?

All the books I sell on Ebay are triple graded just to avoid misgrading... However here on the boards I grade alone so maybe I'm the opposite of OP..))

BTW - I have lots to hide, yes. But none of it has to do with comics...

just my thoughts....

We'll, maybe I'm missing something here. I don't know the guy and I'm not even sure weve done transactions before.. possibly.. but I thought he was a stand up guy here on the boards

Why?