• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 200+ raw golden: Batman, Supes, horror, sci-fi - NOW 10% OFF

145 posts in this topic

Wow how did I miss this thread........... doh!:makepoint::roflmao::roflmao:

You were buying all my HG Jungle Actions ? (shrug)

doh!

doh!doh!:grin:

Hey..

You could have done your shopping here..

:jokealert:

:roflmao:

I found the Hulk box... :baiting:

What's in it? :sumo:

I just started laughing.

It has about 200 issues of the Hulk, some inhumans, and a bunch of Invaders.

Any Hulks issues from 139 -below in VF+ or better? :foryou:

Feedback of my favourite eBay dealer

Bobcat's feedback

Notice the multiple repeat buyers?

Also notice how much his books sell for. Same with zilla, way above guide in a lot of cases.

Especially on the books I snipe :flamed:

:gossip: gawdammit greggy - that was supposed to be our secret...,

:pullhair: now everyone is going to be over at bobcat's..., I've ordered many, many books from him.

On the finscanes front - I ordered one overgraded book from him, and he immediately went on my "list" to never order from again. dekuek's on my "list" as well.

Bobcat's feedback

Also notice how much his books sell for. Same with zilla, way above guide in a lot of cases.

:pullhair: now everyone is going to be over at bobcat's..., I've ordered many, many books from him.

On the finscanes front - I ordered one overgraded book from him, and he immediately went on my "list" to never order from again. dekuek's on my "list" as well.

I think Bobcat is on most people's list of best Ebay sellers. I've been buying from him for years.

Bobcat's feedback

I think Bobcat is on most people's list of best Ebay sellers. I've been buying from him for years.

(tsk)

I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of mess for doing that intentionally.

Yes, this is obviously why I have a 6700+ feedback rating on ebay, based on over 30,000 sales transactions since 1997, and not one single negative comment ever posted about me that was in regard to grading issues.

Yeah, obviously I'm the worst ebay has ever seen :screwy:

that doesnt matter at all. What does matter is that you admitted to systematically over grading for profit. Over grading is one thing, it happens. Doing it for profit is disgusting, immoral and speaks volume as to your character imo.

No, I said this was "EBAY GRADING" on this list. We all know EBAY GRADING is less strict than CGC BOARD grading. It is a relative thing. That is why I stated it was "ebay grading", so there would be no confusion.

But that does not mean CGC and/or CGC BOARD grading is the only "correct" grading in this world. There is no such thing as "correct grading", even CGC is inconsistent with their grading at times.

I don't know how much more straight forward it can be. I said up front from the beginning the books on list list were graded according to ebay standards and I provided a photo of every book. If someone does not want to buy from a list that is using "ebay grading" and states up front that it is "ebay grading" then that is their choice. It's as free country.

But based on the tens of thousands of books I have sold on ebay without one single negative comment about my grading, it seems obvious there are plenty of people in this world that are perfectly happy buying from a list that has used ebay grading.

Why not just grade fairly regardless of the selling venue? Is that such a difficult concept for you to embrace?

Well stated!

Bobcat's feedback

(tsk)

:sorry:

Why not just grade fairly regardless of the selling venue? Is that such a difficult concept for you to embrace?

You really want to know why?

Because every time in the past I graded "fairly" on ebay (i.e. 100% accurate very strict grading according to CGC standards) all the bidders still assume you are overgrading, just like all the ebay sellers. And I end up getting half what the book is really worth. And that is a money losing proposition when I do both my buying (in bulk) and selling on ebay.

The only way a seller gets "fair selling prices" on ebay is to slightly overgrade just like all the other ebay sellers. Do anything else and you end up selling books for less than your cost of buying them, unless you bought them off the rack or paid some poor local shmuck in your hometown 10% of what they were worth.

People on these boards might not like that harsh reality, but those are the facts.

It's also quite dishonest. You can rationalize it any way you want. It's still unacceptable nonsense.

Now I suppose you'll jump off a bridge because everybody else is doing it right?

Well since this thread has evolved into discussing other ebay seller's grading, I'll share my experience with JS Comics. They were selling what they called 9.4 - 9.6 NM 70's Captain Americas (with stock scans, not actual pics). Since they have a long history in the hobby and a few other boardies had mentioned them in the past, I went ahead and bought a few runs from them. What I received were books that were obviously unread from a warehouse stash, but had obvious defects from storage (dinged corners, ect..) Books would really grade an 8.0 - 8.5. I pointed this out to them and left a calmly worded neutral feedback bascially stating that their 9.4's were really 8.5's. They went ahead and promptly banned me from buying from them. I guess the truth hurts. What a bunch of *spoon!

Well since this thread has evolved into discussing other ebay seller's grading, I'll share my experience with JS Comics. They were selling what they called 9.4 - 9.6 NM 70's Captain Americas (with stock scans, not actual pics). Since they have a long history in the hobby and a few other boardies had mentioned them in the past, I went ahead and bought a few runs from them. What I received were books that were obviously unread from a warehouse stash, but had obvious defects from storage (dinged corners, ect..) Books would really grade an 8.0 - 8.5. I pointed this out to them and left a calmly worded neutral feedback bascially stating that their 9.4's were really 8.5's. They went ahead and promptly banned me from buying from them. I guess the truth hurts. What a bunch of *spoon!

After this thread, we're probably all banned from dekeuk's future threads. :insane:

Every time I have bought a book directly from the boards here the grading has been dead on if not under-graded. I've never been unhappy with a purchase from the boards. 99% of the books I've bought from e-Bay were over-graded and/or not fully disclosed.

The people here don't play around with this over-grading wildly_fanciful_statement, hence the amount of flak you are receiving. Trust here is everything and once you violate that you might as well find somewhere else to go.

I'm not trying to agitate you or get a rub in, but that's simply the way it is here from what I've seen and that's the way it should be. (thumbs u

Because every time in the past I graded "fairly" on ebay (i.e. 100% accurate very strict grading according to CGC standards) all the bidders still assume you are overgrading, just like all the ebay sellers. And I end up getting half what the book is really worth. And that is a money losing proposition when I do both my buying (in bulk) and selling on ebay.

The only way a seller gets "fair selling prices" on ebay is to slightly overgrade just like all the other ebay sellers. Do anything else and you end up selling books for less than your cost of buying them, unless you bought them off the rack or paid some poor local shmuck in your hometown 10% of what they were worth.

People on these boards might not like that harsh reality, but those are the facts.

Man, that is one WARPED perspective! I have always graded as accurately as I know how, on eBay or anywhere else, and I have repeat customers (despite the fact that there are months between my auctions), and usually sell at or above guide for my stated grades!

Lying might get you more money at first, but it wears down in the long-run... honesty will build you a healthy business and a good reputation... I am a life-long collector, so the long-run, and a good reputation, is where I want my business to stand, not on lies and short-term dividends...

In short, intentional over-grading, IMO, is a fool's game!

Man, that is one WARPED perspective! I have always graded as accurately as I know how, on eBay or anywhere else, and I have repeat customers (despite the fact that there are months between my auctions), and usually sell at or above guide for my stated grades!

Lying might get you more money at first, but it wears down in the long-run... honesty will build you a healthy business and a good reputation... I am a life-long collector, so the long-run, and a good reputation, is where I want my business to stand, not on lies and short-term dividends...

In short, intentional over-grading, IMO, is a fool's game!

It's true. On the rare occasion that I get high quality stuff from an ebay seller who's grades are spot on, I 'favourite' that seller and check back regularly to see what they've got. I have been known to pay 9.8 prices for cheap raw books when I knew the quality of the seller's stuff.

As soon as one of those sellers slip however, I drop my patronage.

After this thread, we're probably all banned from dekeuk's future threads. :insane:

I'm not banning anyone.... it's a free country.

But I have received the message. Nobody wants "ebay type grading" on these boards, even when I fully disclosed it in advance, and provided large photos, and offered a money back grarantee.

In all honesty though, I really thought I was grading correctly for the last 25 years, including the 10 years I was selling on ebay part time.

It has only been in the last few months, with actual explosure to slabs, that I even realized that I was (unintentionally) overgrading for the last 25 years.

You get used to overgrading when all you see is overgrading everywhere around you for 25 years. Old habits die hard. You go to 50 comics shops and 10 conventions and deal with mail order for 25 years, and you see everyone else's so called grading standards, and you think that is the norm, and you adopt them as your own. I have been unknowingly calling VG books FINE since I was 12 years old and everyone else I met in the collecting field agreed with me until only recently.

And this was backed up by all the positive feedback I received for 10 years on ebay. I called a VG a FINE because I honestly thought it was FINE all these years. Customer gets the book and leaves a positive feedback, often saying the grading was accurate. So you think you are grading correctly.

It has only been in the last 12 months that I have actually owned any slabs at all. This compares to 25 years of grading a certain way and thinking I was grading to industry standards.

Regardless, I will not post anything else on these boards with "ebay type grading" in the future.

Dude, thanks for "manning" up!

My own experiences have been the opposite when it comes to grading my books. I've been selling since 1975 and my VG was always closer to most people's FINE. I still see defects on slabbed books that would kill the grade for me (tape, dust shadows) but think I know what I am doing now!

Good luck on the 'Bay...

Dude, thanks for "manning" up!

My own experiences have been the opposite when it comes to grading my books. I've been selling since 1975 and my VG was always closer to most people's FINE. I still see defects on slabbed books that would kill the grade for me (tape, dust shadows) but think I know what I am doing now!

Good luck on the 'Bay...

That's been my experience too.

I'm not banning anyone.... it's a free country.

But I have received the message. Nobody wants "ebay type grading" on these boards, even when I fully disclosed it in advance, and provided large photos, and offered a money back grarantee.

In all honesty though, I really thought I was grading correctly for the last 25 years, including the 10 years I was selling on ebay part time.

It has only been in the last few months, with actual explosure to slabs, that I even realized that I was (unintentionally) overgrading for the last 25 years.

You get used to overgrading when all you see is overgrading everywhere around you for 25 years. Old habits die hard. You go to 50 comics shops and 10 conventions and deal with mail order for 25 years, and you see everyone else's so called grading standards, and you think that is the norm, and you adopt them as your own. I have been unknowingly calling VG books FINE since I was 12 years old and everyone else I met in the collecting field agreed with me until only recently.

And this was backed up by all the positive feedback I received for 10 years on ebay. I called a VG a FINE because I honestly thought it was FINE all these years. Customer gets the book and leaves a positive feedback, often saying the grading was accurate. So you think you are grading correctly.

It has only been in the last 12 months that I have actually owned any slabs at all. This compares to 25 years of grading a certain way and thinking I was grading to industry standards.

Regardless, I will not post anything else on these boards with "ebay type grading" in the future.

:applause: i was one of the people railing you the hardest, but im glad to see this post. I would hope in the future you will drop "ebay type grading" from your repertoire and vocabulary and move on to something more dignified both here and on ebay. (thumbs u good luck