• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im surprised this hasnt been posted yet, but...

32 posts in this topic

Come on, that's just the BS "blame game" that gets tossed out whenever a movie sucks. There is NO WAY that Sam Raimi was forced to do anything, as he wrote the movie and had final cut over everything. Avi may have suggested it, but it's impossible for him to *force* Raimi to do anything, short of firing him, paying him millions, and getting someone else to write and direct.

It was Raimi's idea to have Parker do his Saturday Night Fever walk, turn him Emo, and have him do a bizarre jazz dance scene, or is he now blaming Avi for that too? lol

Plus, the Sandman was the worst part of the movie. I can't even imagine how badly SM3 would have sucked with 2 hours of him whining about his sick kid, and Raimi retconning him into killing not only Uncle Ben, but JFK, MLK, Lincoln, etc.

It's no coincidence that Raimi is NOT writing SM4 or 5.

I agree with everything in this post. Incredible. That dance scene/emo Parker ruined the entire movie. No matter how good the rest was, that aspect of the movie made its ceiling a B- movie.

I'm in agreeement with the person who agrees with the aforementioned information.

Lizard and Kraven are the A-list Spidey villains left to try. Mysterio could be good, but making that -script work is a MUCH bigger challenge. Kraven is who I'd like to see most, but given that Doc Conners has already been in the first three films, you've gotta think he's up next. Bendis's Ultimate version of Kraven was pretty good stuff.

Assuming they try Lizard --> Kraven --> Mysterio...after the sixth film...ick, must we then go on to Electro, Vulture, and Rhino? :o:tonofbricks:

but MYSTERIO would entail Spidey going to LA/Hollywood. Back in issue 15 that was a big change of pace, and in a movie would be a welcome change of scenery... And lots of scenes could be shot in and around sound stages and maybe save a few million bucks.

What drives me nuts is the need to link every event. Along with the Sandman/Ben unnecessary connection, the symbiote just happens to land on earth by Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy just happens to be the person falling from the building, and just happens to be dating Eddie, MJ just happens to be with John Jameson..... and on and on.

And it just happens that the alien symbiote transforms into a kick-hass costume, which Pete is ecstatic to wear around, no questions asked.

At least in the original SW book, there was a logical reason why he'd continue to wear it - he thought it was just a costume. Here, he knows it's an alien, yet doesn't seem to care.

Bah, the whole movie sucked and a 3-year old could have written it better.

but MYSTERIO would entail Spidey going to LA/Hollywood. Back in issue 15 that was a big change of pace, and in a movie would be a welcome change of scenery... And lots of scenes could be shot in and around sound stages and maybe save a few million bucks.

And visually, I think Mysterio and his powers work well a movie/cartoon medium - that old 60's animated episode is still my favorite one.

The movie I want to see would have Conners mutate into a vicious Lizard man, terrorizing the subways of New York. JJJ hires Kravinov to hunt down the Lizard with Xtreme gadgetry and jungle potion strength ( a human Predator ), forcing Spidey to intervene ( Conners is his pal ) and inadvertantly turning public opinion against him. Short and Sweet action paked Drama / Slugfest. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sounds strangely familiar to the plot line I suggest months ago ;)

The movie I want to see would have Conners mutate into a vicious Lizard man, terrorizing the subways of New York. JJJ hires Kravinov to hunt down the Lizard with Xtreme gadgetry and jungle potion strength ( a human Predator ), forcing Spidey to intervene ( Conners is his pal ) and inadvertantly turning public opinion against him. Short and Sweet action paked Drama / Slugfest. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Sounds strangely familiar to the plot line I suggest months ago ;)

I really hope this is the storyline for 4 & 5.

I honestly didn't mind the dance scene as it rolled into the plot aspect of the symbiote driven personality changes.

What drives me nuts is the need to link every event. Along with the Sandman/Ben unnecessary connection, the symbiote just happens to land on earth by Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy just happens to be the person falling from the building, and just happens to be dating Eddie, MJ just happens to be with John Jameson..... and on and on.

Having the writers of SM 1 and 2 return would be a good thing.

I guess the person who decided that went to the George Lucas School of Filmaking :pullhair:

Jim

I honestly didn't mind the dance scene as it rolled into the plot aspect of the symbiote driven personality changes.

Having the writers of SM 1 and 2 return would be a good thing.

I guess the person who decided that went to the George Lucas School of Filmaking :pullhair:

Jim

My feelings too... all the connections... too much.

Also, didn't Aunt May and MJ both ending up as random hostages "before" any villain knew who Parker was. That was why Peter didn't want to get close to MJ originally... because people he loved would be in danger. They ended up in danger anyway. As did Gwen although they were only "friends".

(shrug)