• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel GN...

11 posts in this topic

Kermit-

I just re-read Death of Captain Marvel again last week, and I thought it was still great! thumbsup2.gif

The only other Graphic Novel I still have is Emperor Doom (the Avengers). That's a pretty good read though, though not quite on the same level as Captain Marvel.

I really liked "Void Indigo" at the time (Gerber and Mayerik).

Which is why I bought the page of original art from it at the last Heritage auction. grin.gif

Void Indigo.. Ultra violent and bloody...almost caused a riot if I remember correctly. That and the Peter Hsu stuff with the strategically placed items a la Austin Powers. Even American Flagg had some problems with the depictions.

Starslammers, Dreadstar, etc. The 80's... grin.gif

ones I enjoyed included the death of CM,The New Mutants,X-Men,Hooky(Bernie Wrightson and Spidey) and the various Conan ones. I recently tried to re-read The Starslammers, Futurians and Super-boxers but don't think I got halfway thru any of them . Have been meaning to read the Alien Legion one for awhile now.

BTW- I have multiple copies of most of the first 20 or so if anyone would like to buy or trade for some.

Some of the highlights of the Marvel GN line for me:

Death of Captain Marvel

Elric: The Dreaming City

Dreadstar

Marada the She-Wolf

Spider-Man: Hooky

The Thing and the Hulk (Starlin and Wrightson)

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills

Conan (forgot the name - Gulacy art)

Sensational She-Hulk (John Byrne)

I'm probably forgetting one or two.

There's also the original hardcover gn line:

Doctor Strange & Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment

Amazing Spider-Man: Spirits of the Earth

The Shadow: Hitler's Astrologer

Wolverine and Nick Fury The Scorpio Something or other

Elektra Lives Again

Kev