• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

My 141 has Superman on it and doesn't look at all like this book. Was there a variant or are you talking about a cover other than Hughes ?

Yeah, just looked at that one. Kind of a stretch to compare the 2 imo. She is walking in one, flying in the other. At any rate, the print run on a sensation #4 was anywhere from half to around 60% of the Wonder Woman run that started in the late '90s. None of them are tough to find in nice condition. I can see more people being nostalgic for the older ones, ( like I am about JLA and The Authority from roughly the same time period ). It seems that the book with one of her lowest print runs and awesome coloring plus use of light and shadow should be in the discussion as a book worth owning.

Yeah it was 140, my apologies for the error. But to me it looks like the same pose, reversed. Both with the same little rear poke out.

Backgrounds for sure make SC #4 a better looking cover, just don't see the potential for growth, but cool PC book for Hughes collectors.

They sent it last Monday-all is well- I really thought the title was "Greatest Hits" imagine my surprise but I ordered anyway :) My brother got a kick that it was "Volume 2" lol

That is the best post I've seen in a while. You win the internets today!

Never seen that Vampirella. Seems like a steal at that price!

I hadn't either... I've been on a Hughes kick and started looking at the website that has all of his covers. Went to a few LCS's today and picked up that one with several different WW's. Picked it up for $2 and on eBay it's easily $45+.

I'm disappointed that his Betty & Veronica books are coming out so slowly, but this will be nice to add to the collection.

Is that the next cover? Like it.

No, sorry. Should've mentioned that in the post. It's a variant for the upcoming Sabrina one shot. I think it'll be solicited in the next Previews.

As far as i can remember, B&V have only been solicited to issue 3, out next week.