• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

Went to a new shop today.

Saw a book titled Death's Gallery. Yeah, Death from Sandman.

Got home and look who contributed a lovely pic!

AH and Death, that's good times.

Patrick

0d62a8303ead0082cee183df6be900e1.jpg

I have that book and all stuff related Dream's sis. Very nice find. (thumbs u

QUESTION:

I ordered a trade paperback from AH's website, it say's Pending and it has been a couple of days since I placed the order.....

Is his site usually slow? not that it has been an "incredibly" long time, but it said in stock and Priority Shipping thought it wouldn't be long till I got it...

Just thought I'd ask (thumbs u if anyone has ordered from them before and can spare an answer, let me know, I ordered stuff from Gamestop the same day and it came yesterday (surprised) I didn't know if "pending" at AH, what it meant or if it usually took a week etc? :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I believe it's him and his wife doing everything. I know they took about a month of at the end of last year / beginning of this year. It was advertised as such though. I think it could just be that it's just them and it's probably not top priority.

QUESTION:

I ordered a trade paperback from AH's website, it say's Pending and it has been a couple of days since I placed the order.....

Is his site usually slow? not that it has been an "incredibly" long time, but it said in stock and Priority Shipping thought it wouldn't be long till I got it...

Just thought I'd ask (thumbs u if anyone has ordered from them before and can spare an answer, let me know, I ordered stuff from Gamestop the same day and it came yesterday (surprised) I didn't know if "pending" at AH, what it meant or if it usually took a week etc? :foryou:

I've found them super friendly and responsive--if you are. Fast, not so much--and, yeah, as someone else said, I think it's just the two of them, so cut them some slack and know it might take a while (especially right before the holidays).

Thanks. I've been lucking out there lately. I've scored much of the AH Wonder Woman run there (all cover price). I've never seen a copy of Batman 635 in back issue bins at any shop I've stepped foot in..then I found 2 NM copies at this same shop for $3.25 each a few weeks ago. Also found Batman 666 for the same price today in addition to my AH finds. I think they use overtstreet guide as opposed to eBay to price back issues. I think it's easier for these kind of books to be bought in stealth mode vs well known keys.

Edited by RogueRunner

One of my local shops has been buying a number of collections lately, as evidence of the number of AH covers for Wonder Woman. Snagged these three today for $3.25 each in NM condition:

C0E77CFA-A685-4F5B-8512-1308049B1FB9.jpg

FBD6A7AD-A3A7-4985-8D3E-2BCE1F36D0E4.jpg

24DD4688-B0B9-4714-B58C-40E453DA20DF.jpg

What do these go for each? I've seen them posted alot as some of hughes best wonder woman covers. I will have to check around my local shops for them.

Always thought this one was a little underrated.

:cloud9:

hAIsPOp.jpg

Too common of a book IMO. There are always copies at stores I shop at, at least. A blatant "do-over" of Wonder Woman 141 or the 100 Page Spectacular cover in a reverse pose and background change. I personally think it hasn't caught any heat because it was phoned in.