• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

I recently paid $150 for a signed copy of the Hughes NYCC Kong of Skull Island #1. Now I see that it's offered unsigned on DCBS for preorder for $7.

First, is this likely to look different in any way, or is this the exact same book?

Second, if it's the exact same book, how often does that sort of thing happen? I'll be damn upset if I find out I over paid by plenty for the same book.

I think you already answered your question.

So it's the exact same book. Wonderful.

How often does this sort of thing happen? I assumed a con exclusive meant just that.

It does happen... I've been burned a few times as well. I've started to wait a few months after a con and they show up graded on eBay for much less...

I recently paid $150 for a signed copy of the Hughes NYCC Kong of Skull Island #1. Now I see that it's offered unsigned on DCBS for preorder for $7.

First, is this likely to look different in any way, or is this the exact same book?

Second, if it's the exact same book, how often does that sort of thing happen? I'll be damn upset if I find out I over paid by plenty for the same book.

I think you already answered your question.

So it's the exact same book. Wonderful.

How often does this sort of thing happen? I assumed a con exclusive meant just that.

I am not saying that yet, I haven't looked it just seemed you had already anwered it with enough information that its probably true.

I went to Ebay and DCBS to look at them and they look the same. There is only one for sale on ebay currently and they want $100.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Went to two cons this weekend and only found 6 AH Wonder Womans and a big fat ZERO Catwomans. And that was after digging in every long box in the stupid places.

They are disappearing and I blame ya'll!

Edited by Beastfeast

Some pickups from a 50 cent sale at my LCS this weekend. A couple of these Tomb Raiders I actually didn't already own. The rest just add to the AH hoard!

4uh1mh.jpg

Really like the Supergirl and Spider-Gwen covers. I think the Harley Quinn's probably worth the most monetarily but honestly, not a fan of that and the Power Girl covers.

Some books back from NYCC

Incoming... :cool:

XBIg0pW.jpg

lUkT27l.jpg

HxW1Mhg.jpg

Sgffk4e.jpg

Will be selling a few in the B/S/T area in a day or two, (1) Convergence #0, (1) A-Force #0, (2) Supergirl Legion #23 9.6's, Harley Quinn #1, JSA Classified sketch #1

My first Adam Hughes... DC Comics Covergirls "BOOK" with a foreward by Hughes (too big to scan)

Got this Tomb Raider for cheap but it probably isn't a 9.8

Lady Rawhide had a bit of a spine roll so probably overpaid but it evens out :hi:

166174.jpg.cba95dd5bfbf52b917f4de57c71ce5b6.jpg

166175.jpg.9742a0de3296af877bb64d5a85f5c92a.jpg

My first Adam Hughes... DC Comics Covergirls "BOOK" with a foreward by Hughes (too big to scan)

My mother in law bought that book for me for christmas last year.

:) I've read some of it, it's not too bad. I didn't realize it wasn't "all" hughes, but it's interesting