• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

My Hughes Catwoman run is coming along nicely, here are some favorites:

large.jpglarge.jpg

large.jpglarge.jpg

large.jpglarge.jpg

I honestly think #48 is my favourite of the whole run :cloud9:

Those are some great books Hado.

I second that! Can't wait to see the finished product?!

Thanks guys, I think I need 12/13 more? And have 2 9.6's I'd like to upgrade.

secret early hot girl AH cover..

IMG_5554_zpssezm2vhx.jpg

As a huge LOSH and AH fan, this is one of my all time faves. Love your DCU variant! Here's the regular copy I got signed by AH and Story, way back in the day.

2uh8v91.jpg

Another LoSH favorite:

vhtw9.jpg

secret early hot girl AH cover..

He did some nice covers in that series. Nothing like Catwoman, but he evolved into that. I like #7 too, the underwater scene.

:cloud9:

2hgr80n.jpg

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Hughes' first major comics run was Justice League America, starting with issue #31. It's a beautiful run.

I think we touched on it, but you're correct, it's a terrific run. JL/JLI/JLWhatever is my all time favorite series. Here's a slightly better (though still not great) pic of the one AH cover I still own in that run:

34ya6x0.jpg

I have all of the Maguire issues signed by Maguire (I don't do SS, I just like the sigs on the books for my own collection) but about 20 years ago, I had Adam sign these two completely random issues. They've been well loved, obviously.Not sure why I had the 31 signed, but I think I just liked the use of negative space on the 35.

rc6khe.jpg

so936d.jpg

I used to own this cover as well, but for some reason I sold it. doh!

4uyyl5.jpg

I think the Donnellys have it now. doh!doh!

And while I'm monopolizing the thread, here are my favorite examples of Adam's early style. These can still be found in 25/50 cent bins, and I grab every copy I run across. Beautiful stuff. Babes, aliens, spaceships, Frazetta, bondage, spanking...everything a sci-fi comic perv could ask for! :insane:

2yjsiex.jpg

118dnc3.jpg

a1p9j8.jpg

2utkqic.jpg

30u7bpf.jpg

ic772x.jpg

And finally (I guess I should get some work done this morning) this one isn't worth anything, but you still don't run across it every day.

ngq7md.jpg

That DC Universe copy is likely worth something to the right buyer.

I've tried to sell it here on the boards before. At some point I'll put it on the bay. But in theory, its gotta be one of the rarest of all Adam Hughes 'variants'. Per Comicchron, it was the 170th most popular comic in May of 1995, on Issue #32. More than a year before that in 1994, it probably wasn't better than 110-120 in terms of ranking. Obviously this was AFTER the crash of 93, so I can't imagine this title was heavily in demand. And THEN you throw in the DC UNIVERSE aspect, and it feels like the number of copies has to to be ultra ultra low.

The DCU copy is a second printing, right?

I've tried to sell it here on the boards before. At some point I'll put it on the bay. But in theory, its gotta be one of the rarest of all Adam Hughes 'variants'. Per Comicchron, it was the 170th most popular comic in May of 1995, on Issue #32. More than a year before that in 1994, it probably wasn't better than 110-120 in terms of ranking. Obviously this was AFTER the crash of 93, so I can't imagine this title was heavily in demand. And THEN you throw in the DC UNIVERSE aspect, and it feels like the number of copies has to to be ultra ultra low.

some times, not always, generally not. In some cases they're reprints but generally they were printed somewhat concurrently in 'collectors packs' of some sort and sold in non-comic retail environments.

If you want more info, there's a thread specifically dedicated to these DCU's somewhere in the copper forum, or you can ask RMA via pm.

Edited by Revat

surprised no one has posted his 'BEST" JLA cover

JLA%2034_zpsure6aw2w.jpg

JLA%2034_zpsure6aw2w.jpg

Yup, that one is my grail. The original was in a private collection, I know I saw it on CAF once upon a time. Don't expect it'll shake loose any time soon. :(

Print runs from 1994-1995 were substantially higher than later years.

It's not going to be too terribly rare.

And 1993 wasn't really the crash....that was the crazy year. The crash was more of a long, slow descent into madness from 1994-1997. Kind of like the stock market from 1931-1933.

As Revat said, the earliest DCUs were, indeed, second (or "Collector Pack") printings, like Green Lantern #36. The ones published from late 1993-1996, however, were concurrent printings. Same with the newsstands, they just swapped that plate and ran them at the same time.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but Hughes' first major comics run was Justice League America, starting with issue #31. It's a beautiful run.

I think we touched on it, but you're correct, it's a terrific run. JL/JLI/JLWhatever is my all time favorite series. Here's a slightly better (though still not great) pic of the one AH cover I still own in that run:

34ya6x0.jpg

That is one of the single best issues of the run. That entire Despero arc is one of the best.

Yup, that one is my grail. The original was in a private collection, I know I saw it on CAF once upon a time. Don't expect it'll shake loose any time soon. :(

I don't collect hairy pit covers. :shy:

34ya6x0.jpg

That is one of the single best issues of the run. That entire Despero arc is one of the best.

Yup, great stuff!

I don't collect hairy pit covers. :shy:

Hmm, I never noticed before. All I see when I look at this cover are Fire's huge...tracts of land.

And while I'm monopolizing the thread, here are my favorite examples of Adam's early style. These can still be found in 25/50 cent bins, and I grab every copy I run across. Beautiful stuff. Babes, aliens, spaceships, Frazetta, bondage, spanking...everything a sci-fi comic perv could ask for! :insane:

2yjsiex.jpg

118dnc3.jpg

a1p9j8.jpg

2utkqic.jpg

30u7bpf.jpg

ic772x.jpg

Just looking through my long box of indies and found all of his star gazer covers. Very Dave Stevens. Didn't even know he worked on the books.

2yjsiex.jpg

118dnc3.jpg

a1p9j8.jpg

2utkqic.jpg

30u7bpf.jpg

ic772x.jpg

Just looking through my long box of indies and found all of his star gazer covers. Very Dave Stevens. Didn't even know he worked on the books.

Oh yeah, there's a lot of Dave in his stuff of that era, for sure. In fact I'm sure that's what probably originally drew my interest to his stuff, because I was a big Dave collector at the time.