• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

They've definitely jumped in the last year.

I couldn't give my Catwoman 51 away for $20 a couple years ago.

One of those situations where it was a positive to have no interest and I kept the book.

Patrick

Love when that happens!

Also, I've never figured why #51 is in so much demand (granted it's a cool cover), when #50's cover totally blows it away. #50 reigns supreme for his Catwoman run IMO.

Researching around online a bit, it turns out Lost fans scooped it up because of the Lost numbers on the cover.

On a different note, anyone pick up the SDCC Betty and Veronica variant?

I picked up 2 copies that are at CGC right now. Hoping they come back as a 9.8. They sold out of them by Mid-Thursday at SDCC. They were not restricting the amount of copies you could get. I was in line with one guy who purchased 20 of them right on the spot.

Later as it seems like they would run out , they limit it to 5. They still sold out in 3 hours, i have 5 SS at CGC right now.

While I'm here, I just was able to pick this up, locally, in hand.

Supergirl23AHVariant.jpg

(worship) ...Still pissed that I passed on a nice copy of this when it came out. At the time, $30 was more than I was willing to spend on any variant, and still is actually.

Edited by gradejunky

Supergirl23AHVariant.jpg

(worship) ...Still pissed that I passed on a nice copy of this when it came out. At the time, $30 was more than I was willing to spend on any variant, and still is actually.

I sold my raw NM+ copy for $25. So I feel your pain. :pullhair:

They've definitely jumped in the last year.

I couldn't give my Catwoman 51 away for $20 a couple years ago.

One of those situations where it was a positive to have no interest and I kept the book.

Patrick

Love when that happens!

Also, I've never figured why #51 is in so much demand (granted it's a cool cover), when #50's cover totally blows it away. #50 reigns supreme for his Catwoman run IMO.

Researching around online a bit, it turns out Lost fans scooped it up because of the Lost numbers on the cover.

On a different note, anyone pick up the SDCC Betty and Veronica variant?

Lost is one reason. The reason was the rumored clamor that Anne Hathaway's costume was being designed based on it for Dark Knight Rises. Not sure if that came from a designer, producer, etc. Or if someone just made that junk up and everyone got excited.

Patrick

Don't tell me you bought that for 10! :o

When you go to a store that prices their incentive variants based on the incentive ratio these things happen. I paid more for a Captain America 25 Hughes variant since the ratio is higher.

Supergirl23AHVariant.jpg

I sold my raw NM+ copy for $25. So I feel your pain. :pullhair:

Same here! I used to have a more or less complete AH collection, as well as a long run of LoSH books. So when this one came out, the store sold it to me at cover price, like it was any other issue. A few years later I decided to sell all of my floppies, and I was ecstatic to have gotten so much for it! Who knew?

Another one picking up steam lately is Sally Forth #8. TOUGH white cover.

That's a nice one too. For years you could buy a set of Sally Forth books from Bud Plant for just a few bucks, including this one. I think Los Bros had a cover in there as well (though it may have just been Xaime?) Yet another one I should have held onto!

Anyone have a list of the upcoming Hughes covers?

Uncanny Avengers 13 came out yesterday.

Betty and Veronica 2-3 and have been solicited and will be out in the next couple of months.

Serenity: No Power in the Verse #1 was announced last month.

Anything else I'm missing?