• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

The prices for Hughes comics have jumped considerably since I was collecting him years back. I started selling my comics to prepare for a move maybe 2 years ago, and I was selling comics with Hughes covers for a fraction of what they're selling for now. Granted, most of that was my poor pricing, but still. What's got Hughes books so much love lately? I mean, Legion of Superheroes 23 for over $300? Many Catwoman issues for over $100?

I've been out of the game for awhile, apparently. I didn't realize SS books were so popular either. But a quick check of the census shows that SS books are almost as plentiful as universal these days. Does SS seem to be the preferred type to collect for modern artists?

The prices for Hughes comics have jumped considerably since I was collecting him years back. I started selling my comics to prepare for a move maybe 2 years ago, and I was selling comics with Hughes covers for a fraction of what they're selling for now. Granted, most of that was my poor pricing, but still. What's got Hughes books so much love lately? I mean, Legion of Superheroes 23 for over $300? Many Catwoman issues for over $100?

I've been out of the game for awhile, apparently. I didn't realize SS books were so popular either. But a quick check of the census shows that SS books are almost as plentiful as universal these days. Does SS seem to be the preferred type to collect for modern artists?

What (raw) Catwoman sells for over $100?

What (raw) Catwoman sells for over $100?

No, you're right. Poorly worded post with missing information. But when I was selling, I don't think Catwoman was selling for that high. Even the Lost numbers one.

Edited by Reno McCoy

They've definitely jumped in the last year.

I couldn't give my Catwoman 51 away for $20 a couple years ago.

One of those situations where it was a positive to have no interest and I kept the book.

Patrick

Anyone see the full Hughes image for next week's Supergirl #1 variant yet? I'm thinking about getting a couple copies. But as it's just a normal variant, at least it doesn't seem to be a 1 per 10 or so deal. I don't expect it to go for much in the future like the Legion of Superheroes one.

One of those situations where it was a positive to have no interest and I kept the book.

Patrick

Love when that happens!

Also, I've never figured why #51 is in so much demand (granted it's a cool cover), when #50's cover totally blows it away. #50 reigns supreme for his Catwoman run IMO.

Patrick

Love when that happens!

Also, I've never figured why #51 is in so much demand (granted it's a cool cover), when #50's cover totally blows it away. #50 reigns supreme for his Catwoman run IMO.

Researching around online a bit, it turns out Lost fans scooped it up because of the Lost numbers on the cover.

On a different note, anyone pick up the SDCC Betty and Veronica variant?

Patrick

Love when that happens!

Researching around online a bit, it turns out Lost fans scooped it up because of the Lost numbers on the cover.

You two *really* don't know why comic people like issue #51?

118640-7328-109242-1-catwoman.jpg

Patrick

Love when that happens!

I picked up 2 copies that are at CGC right now. Hoping they come back as a 9.8. They sold out of them by Mid-Thursday at SDCC. They were not restricting the amount of copies you could get. I was in line with one guy who purchased 20 of them right on the spot.