• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Your opinion is needed!

31 posts in this topic

I have the opportunity to work with someone on helping to create a fight magazine based out of Las Vegas. For those of you who are mixed martial arts and boxing fans, what are some of the things you would like to see featured in such a magazine? We want this to be different than most of the publications out there. Your help would be appreciated. :)

training regimens

indepth interviews

philosophical underpinnings of the individual fighters

diets- off season, training, days up to the fight

breakdowns, with full photos, step by step instructions of sweet takedowns and locks

First, good luck with this James :wish luck: When reading about a fighter, what I

like to know is as follows: Style/System, Years of Study, From Whom, School/

Dojo, Hours per Day/Week Training/Teaching/Sparing, Diet, Time Devoted to

Recovery, Weight Training, Are they more reliant on Stand-Up or Grappling??

Years "in the MMA game" Win/Lose Record.Stephen.

I've always wanted to hear more about their family life away from the ring and stories of their lives before like what they went through growing up.

I came into this thread thinking it was a "Blonde or Brunette" question and was going to suggest Redhead :devil:

I have a friend here who has gotten big into promoting/announcing/judging at these events and has been putting his efforts into a magazine as well. Seems there will be lots more of them soon. Limited audience buying them I would say.

- Interviews that talk about how the fighter got into MMA and maybe talk about their first few fights, first loss, first big event fight, etc.

- More "Day in the Life" stories

- All interviews should include the complete fight record (especially if Sherdog is missing some fights)

- List of who they would want to fight

- Tuturial for some of the less common submissions

As someone who worked in the magazine business, I say do your research before going into this blindly. News stands are ever shrinking and circulation continues to plummet. Make sure you can line up the advertisers.

What's the easiest way to become a millionaire?

Begin with a billion dollars, then start a new magazine.

No doubt. When times get tough, this is one of the first things cut out of a budget. Given the impact the internet has put on this industry already, it's extremely brutal at this point in time.

Not trying to on your excitement. Just a big shot of reality. :(

As someone who worked in the magazine business, I say do your research before going into this blindly. News stands are ever shrinking and circulation continues to plummet. Make sure you can line up the advertisers.

What's the easiest way to become a millionaire?

Begin with a billion dollars, then start a new magazine.

:roflmao:

Thanks for everyone's opinions so far. They have been very helpful. This is just in the beginning phases. We may just decide to publish everything on the internet. Not sure yet though.

And yes there are female fighters too. Kim Couture and Gina Carano are based out of Vegas. And Gina is one of the hottest fighters, fight wise and looks wise. :cloud9:

Gina Carano :devil:

Gina_Carano_04_280x_408090a.jpg

Kim Couture

238072_1.jpg