• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's comic was that way back when?

78 posts in this topic

I bought the "Zelia Wright" collection from an antique store back in the early 80's, it included Action 20, Sheena 2, and Human Torch 10, and other issues I don't remember.

Wish I still had them...anyone have a Zelia Wright (sometimes just the initials)

in their collection? All sold within a few years in the Detroit area while I was pursuing my SA Marvel collection.

I like the idea of knowing who owned them as well. I bought a copy of Police Comics #1 with "Harold" on it, and posted here and found out who he was.

Link to Harold thread here .

My beloved Harold Giehne (different Harold) Four Colors are also on that thread:

1527943-FC26.jpg

Jack

Jack,

Does that Popeye have the first Jeep story? I still have a coverless issue that I have not identified yet.

bb

My beloved Harold Giehne (different Harold) Four Colors are also on that thread:

1527943-FC26.jpg

Jack

Jack,

Does that Popeye have the first Jeep story? I still have a coverless issue that I have not identified yet.

bb

I'll check whether the book is accessible or in storage.

I'm pretty sure that you're right about first Jeep in there -- I remember that he's in the book. If I find it, I'll post a scan or some dialog from the first page with Jeep.

I've had the book reserved at GCD for ages, but haven't gotten around to indexing it. Embarrassing.

Jack

1527943-FC26.jpg

Jack

Jack,

bb

I'm pretty sure that you're right about first Jeep in there -- I remember that he's in the book. If I find it, I'll post a scan or some dialog from the first page with Jeep.

I've had the book reserved at GCD for ages, but haven't gotten around to indexing it. Embarrassing.

Jack

I was trying to identify the book with this Jeep story. I thought it was either FC 25 (first series) or maybe 17 or 26 (second series). So if you get a chance, then crack it open and tell me if the story is in there. I think the first page in the comic is a Wimpy and Popeye cartoon about trying to not invite Wimpy to dinner (unsuccessfully of course).

bb

2234724838_b2b234579d_b.jpg

2198104213_dc3bc3c548.jpg

Joyce signed both issues 3 and 4. I sold this to John Lee and it ended up in an auction where I could scan the photograph.

I think John was also a Matt Baker fan since he purchased some Baker books from me too.

I kept buying them but John never came back to buy any more.

Fortunately I still have most of those Baker covers and buying them was good advice from John.

bb

1527943-FC26.jpg

Jack

Jack,

bb

Jack

I was trying to identify the book with this Jeep story. I thought it was either FC 25 (first series) or maybe 17 or 26 (second series). So if you get a chance, then crack it open and tell me if the story is in there. I think the first page in the comic is a Wimpy and Popeye cartoon about trying to not invite Wimpy to dinner (unsuccessfully of course).

bb

2234724838_b2b234579d_b.jpg

Great page.

I'm sorry to say that I looked around and can't find my Four Color 26 -- it must be stashed away in storage. Maybe someone else here has one.

Jack

Say hello to Betty Lou Yount......when the chips were down.........you could always count.........on her to sign her comics with a sharp tipped fount...........

I've had these since college days when I won them at a Mile High Auction in Denver (sometime around 1988).....so it's my 20th anniversary with Betty. :cloud9:

66128.jpg.a57b58a79811cbcf0c3ae20d08622b5b.jpg

66129.jpg.7326a8692f7c0ee93d19cdd6726512c9.jpg

Say hello to Betty Lou Yount......when the chips were down.........you could always count.........on her to sign her comics with a sharp tipped fount...........

I've had these since college days when I won them at a Mile High Auction in Denver (sometime around 1988).....so it's my 20th anniversary with Betty. :cloud9:

66128.jpg

66129.jpg

Betty Lou Yount....classy woman; not only a fan of westerns but she knew how to handle a book with care. :luhv:

I can't believe I just found this thread on this forum. I am the original owner of about 100+ GA books. I have Scifi, super hero, pre code horror, western, and adventure. I put my name on my books because we traded them around the neighborhood and once I thought I didn't get all mine back so I started putting my name on them. I was just recently thinking if original owners have ever tried to get a pedigree for their books. When I do sell any of these I was thinking of putting a letter in with the books that certifies I was the original owner of these and the seller is only the second person to own them.

Some of my books don't have my name on them so I must have decided to stop trading them.

I just checked my files and I did scan some awhile back. I'll have to photobucket them and post some here. Some titles I have are :

Web of Mystery #6

House of Mystery #1

Shock Suspense Stories #4 & #5

Haunt of Fear #14

This Magazine is Haunted #2

Mystery Tales #1

Weird Science 15,16, & a CGC6 #20

Mystery in Space #8

Weird Fantasy #18 thru #22---#21 is CGC5

Wonder Woman-some good shape and some bad

World's Finest #49

Adventure Comics #17