• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will CA ever trump GA?

236 posts in this topic

Not into european cars. Always preferred american. Though there are a few nice cars over seas, my passion will be for detroit muscle.

Funny I am exactly the opposite. I actually could not stand American cars growing up. I actually had a hate on for them. I always found them behind the times and unbalanced.

R.

Not into european cars. Always preferred american. Though there are a few nice cars over seas, my passion will be for detroit muscle.

Funny I am exactly the opposite. I actually could not stand American cars growing up. I actually had a hate on for them. I always found them behind the times and unbalanced.

R.

We already had this discussion. You like a totally different aspect of building and racing then I do. But I dont "hate" european cars, just dont hold much interest. Some of the stuff they have is very advanced, and does raise an eyebrow. But the majority of what I see is very boring, and status symbols. The REAL cars that are not just mass produced soccer mom, or look what I make cars are very impressive.

I also am a big fan of the phrase "Built Not Bought" . I dont care what you can spend, I care about what you can build. Hence my love for Street-Strip drag cars (have to drive it to the track). Or Lowriders. The amount of innovation you can find with lowriders and mini-trucks fries my brain !

The only problem with that otherwise well-done little piece is.....

MTU 24 is a BRONZE AGE book. :tonofbricks:

Thanks for being a good sport - I only made one little jab at ya! I figured you'd get a laugh at it. :)

Okay,

Will there someday be more CA collectors than GA collectors?

Yeah, probably. Maybe there is now.

Will the most valuable individual CA comic ever be worth more than the most valuable individual GA comic?

I really can't see that happening.

Will the totality of all CA books be worth more than the totality of all GA books?

Can't really see that either.

Look at it this way. If the Edgar Church Action 1 ever hits the market, it will sell for more money than CA books (all of them combined) will probably ever be worth.

(tsk) Don't dis one of my favorite books

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The platform shoes on this 1953 book are especially intriguing.

(worship) Maurice Whitman!

:gossip: Kudos to Whitman for drawing a woman of action in somewhat sensible shoes. (see also: Baker, Matt - Phantom Lady)

It was the work of Whitman's CA "student" (disciple and or inheritor seem a bit too much) Dave Stevens that helped spark my interest in the GA.

To answer the thread's question: No. It's been said here quite a few times already: Character interest (Batman, Superman...) and scarcity.

(tsk) Don't dis one of my favorite books

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The platform shoes on this 1953 book are especially intriguing.

NEVER! Those Planets are some of the very best material from the GA. My LCS owner has been buying some and showing them to me - lovely!

If I wasn't concentrating on Canadians, EC's, Archie's, Ducks, Cerebus, Top 10 SA/BA/CA, and some other odds and ends --- I'd be looking for them!