• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A whiny loser complains about being sniped.

22 posts in this topic

Yeah and why not find his address, report him to the IRS and send him a dead rat through the mail as well.

news.gif

You guys are a bunch of *deleted* - get off your terminals, put down your floppies and go get a life.

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif ...luv u 2 ... flowerred.gif

From member: dr_olds

--------------------

Hey, don't snipe me again.

893applaud-thumb.gif

I got sniped by a guy and did something similar - I got all bitter.

I think I said something more along the lines of "F***ing sniper - go kill yourself you d*[!@#%^&^]."

I'm not saying that wasn't wrong...But I can identify with his emotion.

Oh my stars and garters!! 893whatthe.gif

27_laughing.gif

Terry, you have garters? Hmm. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Timely

Yeah, but they belong to my wife, and look much better on her! cloud9.gif

I've just been reading my Defenders books lately, and the Beast's favorite expression came into my mind.....Think about it...when he was saying that, maybe he was wishing he was wearing the garters... insane.gif

You should wrap whatever you bought in gift wrapping with a bow, mail it to him and add a card that says, "The only reason I sniped you was because I wanted to surprise you. With Much Love, Happy Holidays from the eBay Angel."

Great idea - but you forgot the mound of dog poo and the flaming paper bag in which all the contents should be delivered...?

I just dropped the bomb on that Avengers 138 he was winning! Maybe he will email me too. I use to get emails like that - "thanks for snaking the book with only 3 seconds left!" I would reply - that was the idea. Maybe people don't realize that the way to get the best price on the book is to wait for the last minute shoot out.

I just dropped the bomb on that Avengers 138 he was winning! Maybe he will email me too. I use to get emails like that - "thanks for snaking the book with only 3 seconds left!" I would reply - that was the idea. Maybe people don't realize that the way to get the best price on the book is to wait for the last minute shoot out.

I look at it like this. If your willing to pay a certain amount for a book bid that amount. If you lose than someone was just willing to pay more. If you lose to a snipper they have no idea what your proxy bid may be. Therefore, if you lose and are complaining you lost, you obviously didn't bid what you were willing to pay. You played it cheap and you have yourself to blame. If someone uses a snipping program and puts in their proxy bid with 3 seconds left they can still easily lose as they will have no time to put in a higher bid to beat the proxy an earlier bidder may have placed. I would say 90% of my bidding is done in the last minute in auctions and about 95% of that time it was placed manually with no assistance from a program.