• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

Your credibility is shot, and for your own sake, keep-it-quiet about your NM Bronze Hulk run... makepoint.gif

If only I had one...but since you brought it up - anyone have NM copies of Hulk 136, 137, 147, 152, 163, 176, 185, and/or 186 available?

Hi Tom. I never would have guessed what a nice guy you'd be!

How did you come across your comics?

Seriously, if this is really Tom Brulato, then add me to the long list of those who are completely appalled. I have never met you, Tom, but I had hoped that you would be a great statesman and ambassador for the hobby instead of just another trash-talking, chest-thumping, back-slapping wanker. Like there aren't enough high-grade collecting, inadequacy-compensating snobs out there already who are ruining the hobby for the rest of us.

Tom, if I had your collection, I would feel embarrassed if I couldn't control myself from stooping so low as to taunt other collectors about whether they own a "Rom #1" or making fun of Byrne X-Men collectors as not being worthy of notice.

And while we're at it, why don't you 'fess up - isn't that your mis-cut X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 "ejaenter"'s auctioning off anyway? It's the biggest non-secret in comics that you dump your under-copies through him.

By the way, like Joe_Collector, I couldn't give a toss about your goofy Silver Age kiddie books...I collect what I like.

Gene

Seriously, if this is really Tom Brulato, then add me to the long list of those who are completely appalled. I have never met you, Tom, but I had hoped that you would be a great statesman and ambassador for the hobby instead of just another trash-talking, chest-thumping, Borock back-slapping wanker. Like there aren't enough high-grade collecting, inadequacy-compensating snobs out there already who are ruining the hobby for the rest of us.

Tom, if I had your collection, I would feel embarrassed if I couldn't control myself from stooping so low as to taunt other collectors about whether they own a "Rom #1" or making fun of Byrne X-Men collectors as not being worthy of notice.

And while we're at it, why don't you 'fess up - isn't that your mis-cut X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 "ejaenter"'s auctioning off anyway? It's the biggest non-secret in comics that you dump your under-copies through him.

Gene (who, like Joe_Collector, couldn't give a toss about goofy Silver Age kiddy books. I buy what I like, and without the benefit of unearned inherited money, I might add)

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

If only I had one...but since you brought it up - anyone have NM copies of Hulk 136, 137, 147, 152, 163, 176, 185, and/or 186 available?

Now let me get this straight, you not only collect Bronze Hulks, but you don't already own a set in CGC 9.8? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I see your credibility rating continuing to drop. tonofbricks.gif

Actually, I find it quite humorous that a grown man would think that comic books determine your credibility in the real world. 27_laughing.gif

Now let me get this straight, you not only collect Bronze Hulks, but you don't already own a set in CGC 9.8?

I don't collect numbers Joe, I collect comics! mad.gif

Seriously, if this is really Tom Brulato, then add me to the long list of those who are completely appalled. I have never met you, Tom, but I had hoped that you would be a great statesman and ambassador for the hobby instead of just another trash-talking, chest-thumping, Borock back-slapping punk. Like there aren't enough high-grade collecting, inadequacy-compensating wankers out there already who are ruining the hobby for the rest of us.

By the way, like Joe_Collector, I couldn't give a toss about your goofy Silver Age kiddie books. I collect what I like, and without the benefit of unearned inherited money I might add.

Gene

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Well......I'm convinced. tongue.gif

Me too, I'm selling all my perfectly-centered copies and buying books with as bizarre an angle possible. If I get a headache looking at the cut, I'll know the book's for me!!

The MORE WHITE THE BETTER, I say!!

Well......I'm convinced. tongue.gif

Me too, I'm selling all my perfectly-centered copies and buying books with as bizarre an angle possible. If I get a headache looking at the cut, I'll know the book's for me!!

The MORE WHITE THE BETTER, I say!!

Didn't you get the memo? The next

BIG THING

will be " production variants "....4_2_104.gif

What do you "contribute"?

Plenty, but I'm not going to rehash over a year and a half worth of posts to impress you.

oh by the way...will you put YOUR money where your mouth is re: what i own?

Be serious w/ your answer now sonny boy.

Put up or shut up. I have nothing to prove, but obviously you think you do.

Money where my mouth is?

You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1,

9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs.

What do you own sonny?

wow. u must be so cool because u own those books. the quality of the books really reflect on your shining personality. can i get your autograph? juggle.gif

im just in shock that you and JC actually agree on something. 893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifdevil.gif

Thanks Supa, nice buzz kill. foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

What's really freaking me out is the "friendly banter" that JC and Doc are having. 893whatthe.gif

I guess it just takes one GIANT as.shole to bring us all together. GROUP HUG!! flowerred.gif

i do believe he also goes by the "best looking collector in the hobby", foreheadslap.gif anyone........please correct me if i'm wrong. 893scratchchin-thumb.giflaugh.gif

i don't know what's more sad....

- that some guy is impersonating Tom Brulato and making him look like a complete [#@$%$]

OR

- that Tom Brulato, who could otherwise be a much-needed ambassador for the comic world really IS a complete [#@$%$]

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif