• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

Money where my mouth is?

You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1,

9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs.

What do you own sonny?

Congratulations!!! We here at the CGC forum have elected you "The Worlds Biggest Comic Dork". Now maybe the girls who laughed at you in high school will think your cool. Gosh, you own the best funny books on the planet!!! Do you think anybody outside this forum would give a rats [!@#%^&^]? Everyone here knows a mans worth is really based on the beanie babies he owns!

Still, that didn't prevent him from continuing his search. It was the overall eye appeal of the high-grade comics that kept him going.

How can someone concerned with "eye appeal" argue that miswraps and centering are unimportant? confused.gif

hmmmm....i sense a disturbance in the force, i think tom brulato(if tjb894 is actually really him) just got into chuck (MH) rozanski level of heebie jeebies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif not withstanding, his own title of "the best looking collector in the hobby" still is a bit nauseating and over the top. insane.gif

i do believe he also goes by the "best looking collector in the hobby", foreheadslap.gif anyone........please correct me if i'm wrong. 893scratchchin-thumb.giflaugh.gif

You're right, he's wrong.

I nominate greggy in short shorts. heartineye.gif

I nominate anyone who doesn't look like Frank Stallone after a bar fight.

Seriously, if this is really Tom Brulato, then add me to the long list of those who are completely appalled. I have never met you, Tom, but I had hoped that you would be a great statesman and ambassador for the hobby instead of just another trash-talking, chest-thumping, back-slapping wanker. Like there aren't enough high-grade collecting, inadequacy-compensating snobs out there already who are ruining the hobby for the rest of us.

Tom, if I had your collection, I would feel embarrassed if I couldn't control myself from stooping so low as to taunt other collectors about whether they own a "Rom #1" or making fun of Byrne X-Men collectors as not being worthy of notice.

And while we're at it, why don't you 'fess up - isn't that your mis-cut X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 "ejaenter"'s auctioning off anyway? It's the biggest non-secret in comics that you dump your under-copies through him.

By the way, like Joe_Collector, I couldn't give a toss about your goofy Silver Age kiddie books...I collect what I like.

Well... I'm the first guy to rip guys I can't stand or I think are BSD's with loudmouths... but my only experience with Tom Brulato was a really good one.

A few years ago I called Tom on the phone asking about a Cap 100 at the direction of a dealer friend of mine (ilan from Fat Moose Comics) and he was unbelievably helpful and friendly to me. I was trying to buy one, he didn't have one in the kind of specific grade I was looking for, but was very, very helpful in taking some time to talk to me about the commonness (is that a word?) of the book and what to look for... he actually spent some time talking to me on the phone about comics. I was 21 or so at the time, and was just coming in, so while I'm sure he doesn't remember the conversation, I do, because he took the time out for someone he didn't know.

Anyway... I met tom again this year at Wizardworld Philly (Steve B introduced me) and again, he seemed nice enough. I'm not anywhere near the BSD galaxy, but my encounters with Tom Brulato have all been good... assuming that's really him posting.

Okay, now I know you're a shill. No one (other than a bong-smoking 12-year old) could post like that with a straight face.

Jigs up.

Est. time to Dena deleting account... T-minus 24 minutes.

This is not a shill account.

Hi Tom hi.gif

posted by sborock himself and clearly stated. gossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, now I know you're a shill. No one (other than a bong-smoking 12-year old) could post like that with a straight face.

Jigs up.

Est. time to Dena deleting account... T-minus 24 minutes.

This is not a shill account.

Hi Tom hi.gif

posted by sborock himself and clearly stated. gossip.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I find it hard to believe that CGC would endorse the behavior of an egotistical comic elitist..... frown.gif

Anyway... I met tom again this year at Wizardworld Philly (Steve B introduced me) and again, he seemed nice enough. I'm not anywhere near the BSD galaxy, but my encounters with Tom Brulato have all been good... assuming that's really him posting.

I've heard from a few people via PM that it is indeed Tom and that he is actually a nice guy, but that things quickly got out of hand. For the record, I do agree (and posted earlier to this effect) that some of the criticism about the book (presumably owned by Tom) was extreme and I probably would have gotten a bit testy about it in his shoes as well.

That's not to say Tom's reaction was justified, as it was one of the most obnoxious, boorish things I have ever read on this forum (and that is saying a lot). However, from my own early experience on the Boards, I know what it feels like to have people jump down your throat when you feel you are in the right and I know how people can say stupid things in the heat of argument.

So, how about it, Tom? How about swallowing your pride and offering up a mea culpa? I'm sure most/all of us have nothing against you personally aside from this uncharacteristic (so I am told) outburst today and I'm sure all of us would welcome the insights of such a prominent collector on this Board, presented in the dignified manner that others have been accustomed to when dealing with you. So, how about putting this all behind us and getting on with things? confused-smiley-013.gif

Gene