• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

Yeah Tom, I'm a real player in funny books. I am so foolish that I'd rather rack my portfolio, max my RSPs, contribute to RESP's, buy cars and a house cash, and basically create a nice wealth blanket around me.

I guess in your alternate reality, you "funny book magnates" laugh at "My Kind" day and night...

I forgot to mention i also own ANOTHER 9.4 AF #15 and ANOTHER ASM #1 9.6.

do you own an ROM #1?

Great turn for this thread! That was pretty cool how this "unknown" person saunters in and whips out the motherload of highest graded keys. Almost like a western...

I own a ROM #1! grin.gif

(Could have used a little less hostility there though....)

I just heard you collect BYRNE X-MEN. wow what a player.

You sir, are what's wrong with the hobby.

I grew up reading Bronze Age comics, and therefore that's what I collect. I have no desire to own any Gold or Silver comics, and if I did nab some, I'd likely sell them the next day.

So according to you, buying what you like, and collecting books that are meaningful to you, loses you any and all credibility on these boards? And in order to regain it, I'd have to buy a bunch of comics that I don't want to own?

Thanks, but I'd rather keep collecting what I like, and not worry about any bizarro "Tom Cred Points", thank you very much. 27_laughing.gif

[Great turn for this thread! That was pretty cool how this "unknown" person saunters in and whips out the motherload of highest graded keys. Almost like a western...

I thought it rocked. He tricked a few of the usual suspects into using the old "put your money where your mouth is" line, and then laid a serious beat down on them.

Classic stuff. 27_laughing.gif

I just heard you collect BYRNE X-MEN. wow what a player.

You sir, are what's wrong with the hobby.

I grew up reading Bronze Age comics, and therefore that's what I collect. I have no desire to own any Gold or Silver comics, and if I did nab some, I'd likely sell them the next day.

So according to you, buying what you like, and collecting books that are meaningful to you, loses you any and all credibility on these boards? And in order to regain it, I'd have to buy a bunch of comics that I don't want to own?

Thanks, but I'd rather keep collecting what I like, and not worry about any bizarro "Tom Cred Points", thank you very much. 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I thought it rocked. He tricked a few of the usual suspects into using the old "put your money where your mouth is" line, and then laid a serious beat down on them.

What planet are you from?

If you want to see a beat-down, tell Little Tommy Tinkle to pop back on here.

I gave you some applause. Always good to see someone state that they collect what they love....

Yeah, I don't play "follow the speculator" at all, and just buy what I want. If that's a perfectly-centered copy of X-Men 141 in 9.6 or a reader of X-Men 108, then that's what I buy, and don't see the big deal.

P.S. I found some NM copies of those PP issues, so I'm set on those ones.

And yes Tommy, I was referring to PETER PARKER: SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN 81-83, the Punisher Origin run, which I wanted to read since I'd never bought those particular issues.

Shocking, but true!!! 893whatthe.gif

Please lower my Tommy Tinkle Credibility Score appropriately.