• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I'm curious as to what the "stickers" are that are attached to the CF.  Do you know?

Unfortunately I do not.  The grader notes didn’t elaborate on them either, they simply state “sticker centerfold”.  

4 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I wonder how close this was to getting a Green label with those stickers.

I asked CGC and they said that since the stickers were factored into the grading process as a defect, that is why it got blue instead of green.

1 hour ago, DST said:

I asked CGC and they said that since the stickers were factored into the grading process as a defect, that is why it got blue instead of green.

This makes sense because of the detached staple. The stickers would not have lowered the grade much, if at all, because the worst damage was from the detached staple. If they had given the book a Green Label, the grade would be about the same anyway. Had the staple been attached, it would have been given a Green Label.  

55 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

This makes sense because of the detached staple. The stickers would not have lowered the grade much, if at all, because the worst damage was from the detached staple. If they had given the book a Green Label, the grade would be about the same anyway. Had the staple been attached, it would have been given a Green Label.  

It worked out to be a perfect storm of defects that allowed this book to look as nice as it does (with a nice wrap, centering, no MC on front cover, white pages, etc.) and remain a blue label and stay affordable to me.  I couldn't be happier to own it:bigsmile:

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, this is my 8th copy over the course of my collecting, but my first since '95 or so. I thought this was an unusually pretty 4.0. Happy to be back in the club after a 22 year absence. 

IMG_4644.PNG

IMG_4645.PNG

Do you have 8 copies total ? -- or you've owned 8 copies over time

Would someone please help me understand why this raw copy is going for so much on ebay.  It's got very obvious resto in the lower right corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-3-63-Silver-Age-Marvel-Comics-1st-J-JONAH-JAMESON-Stan-Lee/152886319037?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

15 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Yep, I addressed that resto and glad seller put the pictures up for auction because i suspected some resto work and possibly a piece fill in that area too.  Not sure why bidding is high.  

The JIM 83 and Avengers 1 of his have resto too.  He added pics to the Thor after I told him to show the bleed thru, but it's at $7000 :whatthe: