• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PREACHER appreciation thread

132 posts in this topic

Here are my Preachers that I have scans of. I have other cgc's that I had sent to my mom's house since I was away for Thanksgiving and I haven't been back to pick them up!. Also looking for 9.8's cgc or raw on the entire Preacher series. Please check out my collection by clicking on this banner and let me know if you have any that I need (that you are willing to sell, of course).

sig.jpg

PreacherPreview.jpg

Preacher1.jpg

Preacher3.jpg

Preacher4.jpg

Preacher5.jpg

Preacher10.jpg

Preacher hard covers are coming !!

I got this off of Diamond's site...

PREVIEWS February’s Hottest Items

FEBRUARY GEMS OF THE MONTH

In February, the PREVIEWS Gem of the Month top picks include:

• Dark Horse Comics’ Neon Genesis Evangelion TP Volume 1

• DC Comics’ Preacher HC Book 1

• Marvel Comics’ Spider-Woman #1

• Image Comics’ Viking #1

• Wizard Entertainment’s Wizard #211

The only Preacher books that I read was Absolute Vertigo and Saint of killers (which I loved). I have decided that I want to read this series where should I start? Should I start by buying Absolute Vertigo then the Previews then #1 or should I just buy the TP or HC? Opinons and advice please?

Skip absolute vertigo and the preview.

I would buy the single issues. I remember I liked reading the single issues before because it breaks up the pace a little better than the tpb's and looking at the cover right before reading the story was cool. You also get some letters to the editors.

Tpb's are cheaper and easier to care for though. No bags and boards required!

Hi all, not being big on Preacher, I hadn't even realised this was an in-demand issue until I saw mschmidt's sales thread yesterday.

Got this with a bunch of DC promo stuff...

preacher3.jpg

Was about to discard, when I notice this inside...

preacher1.jpg

Have not even breathed on it.... (the white effect is the camera flash)

preacher.jpg

What do you reckon?

preacher2.jpg

There's a Preacher page inside the booklet too which says the Preview was only available with that issue. Not sure if that's the case. Perhaps it can be better spotted now.

Intend to get it graded at some point. It's totally flawless - and must have been sitting inside the booklet for 14 years.

Hi all, not being big on Preacher, I hadn't even realised this was an in-demand issue until I saw mschmidt's sales thread yesterday.

Got this with a bunch of DC promo stuff...

preacher3.jpg

Was about to discard, when I notice this inside...

preacher1.jpg

Have not even breathed on it.... (the white effect is the camera flash)

preacher.jpg

What do you reckon?

preacher2.jpg

There's a Preacher page inside the booklet too which says the Preview was only available with that issue. Not sure if that's the case. Perhaps it can be better spotted now.

Intend to get it graded at some point. It's totally flawless - and must have been sitting inside the booklet for 14 years.

(thumbs u

The only Preacher books that I read was Absolute Vertigo and Saint of killers (which I loved). I have decided that I want to read this series where should I start? Should I start by buying Absolute Vertigo then the Previews then #1 or should I just buy the TP or HC? Opinons and advice please?

If you're just looking to read and not collect, I'd start with the TPBs. They'll get you hooked in no time. Don't forget the one-shots: One Man's War, Blood and Whiskey, and The Story of You-Know-Who. You cannot go wrong with this title! (worship)

As for Absolute and the Preview, I don't believe they contain original material, just excerpts from issue 1. (thumbs u

If you're just looking to read and not collect, I'd start with the TPBs. They'll get you hooked in no time. Don't forget the one-shots: One Man's War, Blood and Whiskey, and The Story of You-Know-Who. You cannot go wrong with this title! (worship)

As for Absolute and the Preview, I don't believe they contain original material, just excerpts from issue 1. (thumbs u

Sorry, I forgot to include The Good Old Boys... doh!

Sorry, I forgot to include The Good Old Boys... doh!

All of the minis are included in the TPBs, so no need to buy these seperately if you get all of the TPBs (unless of course you have PREACHER OCD :insane: ) (thumbs u