• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the best dealer you have ever dealt with???

155 posts in this topic

honorable mentions to my LCS owner, Ken Stribling!!!!! He would win the gold star but he can't seem to find his SA backstock! lol

I sold him that store in Ridgeland in 1998, was Omega Comics then, now Action Island.

I know where he used to keep alot of his stuff. Shhhh....its a secret though.

then I've bought from you as well!

At the time you owned the store, I was buying Star Wars toys and I bought a lot of loose complete orginals from you! I lived in Hattiesburg at that time, but came up every couple of months. Bought hundreds of dollars of toys and comics from you.

You had a moustache and a small child- a little girl, I believe.

I have to say Richard (Bedrock) and Joe Vereneault (JHV associates). Both of these guys are extremely easy to talk to. They seem to treat all customers with the same amount of respect and top notch customer service. They are both very knowledgeable, grade accurately and price realistically.

I bought some of my best books from Joe Verenealt, and most turned out to be 9.4 CGC gems including ASMs 121, 121, and 129! He also helped me fill a ton of spots in my ASM, SSM, etc., collections.

Bob Storms is a good guy also. He got cranky with me when I didn't buy some expensive ASMs though.

Marnin R. has been good to deal with.

I have had pretty good luck with Metropolis. I used to buy from Vincent Zurzolo before he joined Metro, and he and I haven't always agreed on grade, but he always takes returns without a problem.

Actually, I have purchased a bunch of raw comics from Mile High. I used to have a dealer in Colorado Springs bring me a stack of ASMs and others from Denver, and I would handpick the best. Of course, I've been banned now as I returned too many of their over-graded stuff.

V/R, Mike

my old comic shop in goldsboro, NC Heroes are Here and the owner was named Eddie, When he closed down his second location in Greenville, he would drive down to BW3 and meet me with my books. Good 45 min drive.

It's probably no surprise to anyone , but I can honesty say I've never had an issue with Langes Sports (zillaf4 on eBay). To date, everything I've ever bought raw from them and submitted to CGC has turned out to be undergraded. Add in quick and reliable shipping (even to Canada) and they're a class act!

There is no single best. Seems the best are a group with varying personalities but united by a common honesty.

Ted at Superworld. By far the funniest. Good deals can be had but do check the condition as he can vary (and he DOES know that and looks sometimes ashamed). But from what I saw when I last dealt with Ted at 2005 SD Con his grading has improved.

Steve Higgins: Outer Limits (LCS in Waltham MA). He will do his best by you. The very first time i met him (around 1984 or so) I went into his shop seeking SA books and saw an X-Men #1 (as I recall) on the wall with a loose staple just sitting in the bottom of the mylar. I said to him "There's a loose stpale in the X-Men 1". He replied with a somewhat "Oh spoon who IS this person look "Well, that's the condition of the book." To which I replied "No. There is a staple floating free in the bag ITSELF." To which he looked closely, saw the offending floating metal, and immediately removed it. The book itself had two quite fine staples in the correct place. He looked a bit sheepish and immediately loosened up. Since then I spent most Saturday late mornings at his shop. If I tmed it right (i tended to time it right in later years) I was there when he ordered pizza was assured of a free lunch! Geting to know my interests he would sometimes surprise me by setting aside a GGA or precode horror book he just got in for me to look at first. Overall great guy.

Ron Murray - have only seen him at a few conventions but got some of the highest grade, stunning BA books from him at a very good price. He is super casual and may possibly be seen as a little disinterested but one with perception (ahem) sees through the ruse and he is a standup guy and a great dealer.

Marc at House Of Comics here on the boards. I got, and still have, a ton of BA horror and hero-horror books at really good prices in really nice condition. He'll talk and listen and is an interesting chap. Loves books and the hobby and it shows.

Metropolis. They can be a little pricier but stick to your budget and interests and you can get osme really nice things from them. You have to learn to SPEAK UP with Metropolis. If you do they will treat you VERY well. I was getting HG BA horror form them and some came through with some defects I did not like. Returns were not a problem but I started getting emasils afetr placing internet orders saying "The HOM XXX has a small printer crease" or "The WWT has slightly cream pages" etc and asking me to confirm if I still wanted them. Now this was unsolicited but followed a couple of phone conversations. And these were not big iorder - usually around $350-$350 a pop. Also, at a Wondercon a few years ago, I talked to VInce and told him I had only been buying HG BA but was interested in some VG range pre-code horror but was curious what his VG precode looked like. Well, he had one of the folks there pull down a few boxes for me to look through just to see what their grading was like on the pre-code. He knew I had already spent the bulk of my $$$ and made it clear he just wanted me to look at the grades.

Jim Payette is just a class act. I actually have done more selling to him than buying from him back in the 80's when I was transitioning from general offbeat GA like Powerhouse Pepper and the Xela GGA SF stuff and SA hero to pure pre-code horror and Atlas. He gave me good prices for decent sized (1-3 long boxes) lots and was very informative.

There are more but for now is sufficient.